Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unknown round?90MM? Compared to 155 Dutch SP howitzer round red tipped, unknown, no markings!

Article about: Thanks and Semper Fi from a USMC family

Default Unknown round?90MM? Compared to 155 Dutch SP howitzer round red tipped, unknown, no markings!

Unknown round?90MM? Compared to 155 Dutch SP howitzer round red tipped, unknown, no markings!Unknown round?90MM? Compared to 155 Dutch SP howitzer round red tipped, unknown, no markings!Unknown round?90MM? Compared to 155 Dutch SP howitzer round red tipped, unknown, no markings!Unknown round?90MM? Compared to 155 Dutch SP howitzer round red tipped, unknown, no markings!Unknown round?90MM? Compared to 155 Dutch SP howitzer round red tipped, unknown, no markings!

?

I can't help with the ID, But have to say that is a beautiful 155 round you got there!!

There are some Arty guys here who should be able to give you a hand on it.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks and Semper Fi from a USMC family

I’m with Phil. I like that HE round! Don’t know much about the 90mm other than it was used as an anti-air caliber. It may be a dummy training round used to practice loading. I have a dummy 155 from WWII and it’s a gold color like that.

90 mm was both HE in an AA role but also as an AP for the M36 Jackson and M48 Patton. The Belgian MECAR still use the calibre but that one looks decidedly like an American AA variant but with a dummy or painted Fuze So either an M1 HE or a M3 HE.

As for 155mm I got rid of 10,500 of them a couple of years ago and they are a complete pain in the Ar#e!

"As for 155mm I got rid of 10,500 of them a couple of years ago and they are a complete pain in the Ar#e!"

...now Mr Vegetius, you can't just throw in a line like that without a bit more info! :-)

Unservicable, needed destruction by demolition. So got it. A complete pain as the amount of explosives along with a relatively thick shell wall means that they are difficult ot get rid of in bulk!

Cheers...I was trying to think of a conflict quite recently where 10,000 rounds would’ve been lobbed.....thanks for clarifying.

My son was a USMC radio operator for a 155 battery so I’m giving it to him eventually

Lucky him! I’m a Marine 155 cannon btry guy myself and I’d love to have it in front of my desk! Rounds in good shape like that are easy to come by.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast