Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unknown stick grenade?

Article about: Hello all, Can anyone help me identify this stick grenade? It belongs to an aquantance who wishes to sell it to help raise money to purchase a uniform for his collection. He tells me that th

Default Unknown stick grenade?

Hello all,
    Can anyone help me identify this stick grenade? It belongs to an aquantance who wishes to sell it to help raise money to purchase a uniform for his collection. He tells me that the head is glued to the stick and is not sure if this is a "marraige" or a genuine piece. He thinks the white painted band indicates that it was a smoke grenade.
    This has me confused as I'm not an expert on grenades although it seems somehow familier to me.
    If anyone can help me help him I will be most gratefull and I may be able to persuade him to join WRF.
    Very hopeful regards,
    navyman.Unknown stick grenade?Unknown stick grenade?Unknown stick grenade?Unknown stick grenade?Unknown stick grenade?

Default Re: Unknown stick grenade?

i think that is German

I think it is a bit of a hybrid. Looks like a German smoke grenade stick, and an M43 frag grenade head. The band on the stick and the ridges toward the bottom both indicate a smoke grenade; the ridges make it easy to identify with just your hands. The head for a smoke grenade has holes in around the bottom of the canister to allow the smoke to disperse.

Model 43 steilhandgranate with an early model handle. The 43 had a solid handle.

Thanks all,
    Any idea whether it's worth him offering this for sale, if so what sort of asking price? Any more info gratefully received.
    Cheers,
    Guy.

CBH
    ?

It has a M1943 head , with a smoke grenade handle ( the ridges around the bottom ) as stated above . As a miss matched item pricing will be difficult .
    Cheers Chris

I don't know the going rate for grenades really. I would say though that it would be around 30/40% of the price for a complete matched example.

Thanks Chris,
    I will let him know, I thought a mismatch could be tricky to price. I'm looking for 'Paul the grenade's' website to see if he can help?
    many thanks,
    Guy.

Thanks KradSpam,
    Any idea how much a complete matched one goes for?
    Cheers,
    Guy.

?

An M43 in good condition would go for £350 - £400 , this one i think is very hard to price as it isn't even a correct hybrid .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast