Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

V2 Combustion Chamber Relic - Possible Purchase

Article about: Good evening guys (...and gals)! Well what to say... to cut a long story short my friend has offered me a V2 Combustion Chamber...! The family of my friend do a lot of ground work and landsc

I think this one was discussed a little while back,it was in I think Epping Forest.

?

I would believe there are more bits and pieces scattered around on that place. Just take a map, pinpoint were it was found and draw a line to london. (or the closest big city in ww2) The rest of the pieces should be along that line.

Good Luck

Quote by scottmadoo View Post
    It's on EBay for £1500
    Does that mean Glen's friend ( or family ) is 'testing the waters' to get the most from our young colleague?
    ( "My friend then contacted me to see if I would be interested in it making a purchase" )

Poor form if that's the case IMO .....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I was wondering that myself, Dan...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Sounds a bit entrepreneurial if you ask me. Still, there's no obligation to buy this oversized paperweight is there?

Madbomber
    ?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    I think this one was discussed a little while back,it was in I think Epping Forest.
    Hello guys new member here , Just like to add more info for you ,
    This V2 has lived in barracks wood Warley the engine fell close to the site ,donkey plantation theres still a big crater
    hidden in the woodland ,the army moved it to Barracks woods afterwards and was left by there Victorian tip which was next to v2 site. ive found some fuzes in the area and there was another V2 about 1/2 mile away in Thorndon Country park ,which has since been moved maybe by the farmer , sad to see this go ,been visiting this for last 25years ,
    regards Mb

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Does that mean Glen's friend ( or family ) is 'testing the waters' to get the most from our young colleague?
    ( "My friend then contacted me to see if I would be interested in it making a purchase" )

Poor form if that's the case IMO .....
    That would only be a case if Glen was still interested in purchasing it. He maybe decided to pass on it.

I agree it would be in poor form if he still wanted to buy it. Though I think it is already in poor form to charge a friend for something you found for free, depending how close they are. That's just me though.

Thank you all very much for your replies.

Unfortunately I cannot make a purchase - not due to money but due to size... it won't fit through my side gate!!

Anyway it has been put on eBay for a second time at £1500 - the price isn't unreasonable just the size.

Thank you, Glen.

Quote by Glennyboy619 View Post
    Thank you all very much for your replies.

Unfortunately I cannot make a purchase - not due to money but due to size... it won't fit through my side gate!!

Anyway it has been put on eBay for a second time at £1500 - the price isn't unreasonable just the size.

Thank you, Glen.
    Ahhhh.....A fortunate example of Deus Ex Machina saves the day.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2