Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

V2 Combustion Chamber Relic - Possible Purchase

Article about: Good evening guys (...and gals)! Well what to say... to cut a long story short my friend has offered me a V2 Combustion Chamber...! The family of my friend do a lot of ground work and landsc

Default V2 Combustion Chamber Relic - Possible Purchase

Good evening guys (...and gals)!

Well what to say... to cut a long story short my friend has offered me a V2 Combustion Chamber...!

The family of my friend do a lot of ground work and landscaping and have had permission to keep this item.

My friend then contacted me to see if I would be interested in it making a purchase... no idea where to start!

After reading a thread I have found the one in question:V2

How the heck would you begin to value something of this importance? (PM if you have a value.)

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture V2 Combustion Chamber Relic - Possible Purchase   V2 Combustion Chamber Relic - Possible Purchase  

V2 Combustion Chamber Relic - Possible Purchase  

Woah ! Nice find , no idea on value sorry but would be good to have in a collection .

Hi Glen,

It's not really about what it's worth to purchase, but more what you're going to do with it if you buy it about how, and exactly where you intend to preserve it and "display" it. I have a feeling that your parents may be less enthusiastic than yourself tbh, but perhaps I'm way out on that.....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Glen,

It's not really about what it's worth to purchase, but more what you're going to do with it if you buy it about how, and exactly where you intend to preserve it and "display" it. I have a feeling that your parents may be less enthusiastic than yourself tbh, but perhaps I'm way out on that.....

Regards, Ned.
    Hey Ned,

It wouldn't be on display so to speak for sometime but it will be hid from the elements. You don't get to buy something like this everyday!

Thank you, Glen.

I don't think IKEA make a display cabinet big enough for that puppy!

I see that 4000 V2 were lounched, perhaps you can buy it and after you can make a swap with it, because it's very rare. IMO.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

No idea for the value....too rare.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

It is a very interesting piece.
    It should be on a historical aviation museum so the school children could see how big some of these bombs really were back when it rained V1 and V2 rockets over UK.

JMM
    ?

Great piece, Glen! But a bit problematic (in every way)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast