Become our sponsor and display your banner here

waffen proofed steyr ammunition

Article about: So as my early Christmas presents I went out and rescued a vz24 and m95/34 steyr mannlicher from bubba before he had a chance to carve out his own pretty stock from a tree stump and ruin it.

Default waffen proofed steyr ammunition

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151205_16_45_38_Pro.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	214.1 KB 
ID:	910551

Name:	WP_20151205_16_45_50_Pro.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	216.7 KB 
ID:	910552

So as my early Christmas presents I went out and rescued a vz24 and m95/34 steyr mannlicher from bubba before he had a chance to carve out his own pretty stock from a tree stump and ruin it. While purchasing this rifle he said he threw in the last 20 rounds of 8x56 steyr he had along with 4 stripper clips. They were in a bag he gave me and I didn't think anything of it until I got home.. Both ammunition and clips are waffen stamped.. My question is, how rare are the clips and ammunition that are stamped for 8x56 steyr? I go to gun shows all the time and haven't seen these before. Thanks guys!
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

?

Hi,these are fairly common here at gunshows in British Columbia Canada and sell for around $15 a box of 10 with the clips.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Not that rare-I have a Nazi marked box of it-the Germans inherited the weapons stocks of the Austrian army but made little combat use of it. Was widely used for training and rear echelon/Volksturm use in Austria at the end of the war.

Thank you guys! That was the entire reason for my question. Just because I hadn't seen them doesn't mean other people haven't.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

?

UK Cousin... These can be found in various venues and are not uncommon... But... They can be a great addition when displayed next to a period rifle.. IMO.. It adds to the history... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thanks G! I had seen these in 8x57 mauser but not for the steyr.

Name:	WP_20151207_10_45_20_Pro.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	204.5 KB 
ID:	911169

Great minds G...

?

UKC.. I try to back my mouth up...these are currently on auction... $10.00 is pre bid...
    If interested send me a PM... G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	268-2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	911166   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	268-1.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	911167  

Name:	268.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	911168  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post