Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Who Can Guess These Parts Contest

Article about: Hi, pics of my small box of neat little goodies I have gathered up, like a squirrel gathering nuts. There are 3 slightly different angles to look at. All are WW2, and most are hand grenade r

Default Who Can Guess These Parts Contest

Hi, pics of my small box of neat little goodies I have gathered up, like a squirrel gathering nuts.

There are 3 slightly different angles to look at. All are WW2, and most are hand grenade related.

First to guess all correct, will win points, for a chance to win a 100% real fake SS dog tag.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who Can Guess These Parts Contest   Who Can Guess These Parts Contest  

Who Can Guess These Parts Contest  

PHILBROWN
    ?

Default Re: Who Can Guess These Parts Contest

dunno ,but looks like the bits i had left over from rebuilding my van engine dont need anymore fake tags, got loads

?

Can you make it ... "guess the pizza topping ?"

Here you go Steve

Oh, did you want details, oops

Cheers,

Grant
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who Can Guess These Parts Contest  

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    dunno ,but looks like the bits i had left over from rebuilding my van engine dont need anymore fake tags, got loads

Hey Phil, parts left over after a rebuild are no good. Lucky for me when I rebuilt my 1978 Camaro a few years back, no left over parts. Fake dog tags are no good too. Sorry about your luck. Better luck next time. And no, these are not engine parts.

I actually have 1 fake item I forgot about, a SS car pennant. I knew it was fake though, and was cheap.

Steve

Quote by Australian Guy View Post
    Here you go Steve

Oh, did you want details, oops

Cheers,

Grant

Thats really great how you did that pic, and have seen others do it also. I will have to learn to do that on my Mac. Great for pointing out things in pics.

You are correct Grant, that is a piece of string. You got some, but answers have to be exact. This is a WW2 ordnance/hand grenade test.

Steve

Quote by Polski44 View Post
    Can you make it ... "guess the pizza topping ?"
    HaHa LOL This could be the ultimate warriors pizza topping. A large pie with everything, anchovies on the side. I am hungry now

Steve

Hi Steve,

Some of the Japanese parts can be found and identified on this website ; Japanese WWII Hand & Rifle Grenades - Inert-Ord.Net :
    but I didn't want to "borrow" their pics for pointing out some of your items

Others will probably enjoy that website as well.

Good luck, to who points out all the items

Cheers,

Grant

Hi Grant, I already know exactly what every single part is pictured. There are 2 parts I do not think anyone would have got right, unless you are very familiar with WW2 grenades and ordnance of many different countries.

I also know Ed's site well. It is incomplete on some things, but still a very good site. I use Lex's site, and also send him pics of my Grenades/mines for his site. He's a nice guy. I am in process of taking good pics of all my US grenade and fuse variations for the site. Here is a link if you have never been there.
    Grenades, Mines and Boobytraps

The site has a lot of variety, and the WW2 items I collect.
    Collectors from all over email info and pics all the time, so it's getting better rapidly. It's a one man show, and he has a new baby son around now, so some things take a little while.

There is a pic of my WW2 M8/M2 mines on the home page, and it's not even the best pic I sent of the mines. He did that once before!! Funny Dutchmen.

Maybe this is a stupid post, I do not know, or maybe the wrong place for it. Everyone is so serious here except a few, that I thought I would throw this post in. If I did this on BOCN, I would have get the answers in about i5 minutes. This was to be a "lighthearted" type post, not so serious, kind of what they call a "joke" or "spoof" I hope no one holds me to getting their fake SS tag. Did you think I needed to know what these parts were for real? Should I make an exact list of what every piece is, and post it soon or now??

Regards, Steve

Hi Steve,

I know that you already know your own parts.......that sounds a bit funny, but you know what I mean

I just thought I would throw up the link, so that it might get some more people to chip in with their own guesses

I would have thought that this "contest" would have brought in a lot more answers. I know I like these brain teasers

C'mon guys, name the bits, just for fun

Cheers,

Grant

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast