Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WW 11 US grenade value

Article about: Would appreciate value on this WW 11 U.S. grenade marked (s) smoke???..Fuse M10A3...........Thanks Dave H Annoyed from this ads?  

Default WW 11 US grenade value

Would appreciate value on this WW 11 U.S. grenade marked (s) smoke???..Fuse M10A3...........Thanks Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW 11 US grenade value   WW 11 US grenade value  

WW 11 US grenade value   WW 11 US grenade value  

WW 11 US grenade value  

Not smoke I'm sure, it's definitely a fragmentation grenade. Value I can't help I'm afraid, but it does look like a nice example.

I agree with Krad. It is a fragmentation grenade.

Early in the war, American frag grenades were painted totally yellow... They were soon changed to just a yellow painted ring to make them more discrete.

I can't help you with value, but it definitely appears that you have a WWII era grenade. Postwar, the spoon of the grenade clipped to the fuse a different way.

?

My understanding is that the initial all-yellow was the colour code for an HE filling (TNT), but the single yellow band on the rather smarter OD green-painted version just indicated the fuze type.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

The single yellow band is for HE. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

MAP
    ?

I think I bought mine for $50 (which was probably too much) but not as minty as yours. No a high ticket item.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks to be in excellent condition. They have increased in price
    quite a bit. If I had to guess, I'd say around $200 for an
    original WWII frag type today.

Below is a MKII that I paid $75 for 5 or 6 years ago:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW 11 US grenade value  
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    I agree with Krad. It is a fragmentation grenade.

Early in the war, American frag grenades were painted totally yellow... They were soon changed to just a yellow painted ring to make them more discrete.

I can't help you with value, but it definitely appears that you have a WWII era grenade. Postwar, the spoon of the grenade clipped to the fuse a different way.
    Did the clip on the hinge part go under the bar on the post war grenades Joe, instead of over the top on this one? I remember I had one a few years ago that was like that. I noticed the difference when I looked at this on last night.

Fuse and Spoon look the same as The one I have. The body looks very good for a WWII Grenade. Same color body and yellow stripe. I have one my dad brought back from WWII. He disarmed it and set the fuse off himself as he was the one that trained troops to use these. I even have the card board sleeve for it with all the writing on it. he use to keep it in the cardboard sleeve in his desk drawer. He trained a lot of troops to use these. When he passed I kept all of his WWII stuff. He was discharged as a first Sargent in Late 1945.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Did the clip on the hinge part go under the bar on the post war grenades Joe, instead of over the top on this one? I remember I had one a few years ago that was like that. I noticed the difference when I looked at this on last night.
    I've always been under the opinion that post war spoons clipped under the bar while wartime spoons clipped over the bar. To me, those are the biggest difference between the two.

Postwar U.S. grenades are a dime a dozen here in the States. You can buy them at Army/Navy stores for as cheap as $5-10 for use as paper weights.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast