MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WW 2 US grenade question

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, I recently purchased this grenade but wanted to get your opinions please. Based on the markings on the body, it was made by American Radiator, but I'm not sure when it was p

Default WW 2 US grenade question

Hello Gentlemen,

I recently purchased this grenade but wanted to get your opinions please. Based on the markings on the body, it was made by American Radiator, but I'm not sure when it was produced. I guess my main question is if it's a WW2 era grenade.

Thanks!
    James

WW 2 US grenade questionWW 2 US grenade questionWW 2 US grenade questionWW 2 US grenade question

Looks all WWII to me. The bottom of the body is threaded for a fill plug screw which they did away with mid war I believe. Nice find!

Thanks!

Looks like a WWII Fuse body. Notice the Spoon.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

The M10A3 was a later fuze, (the time was changed to 4.5 - 5.3 Secs). The M10 series fuzes I believe were also designed to go with the Low Explosive (smokeless EC Powder a British invention) filled Grenades that gave a better fragmentation pattern than HE. In which case the grenade should be grey or Black bodied. All in all a good late war item.

Hey guys,

I have another question please in regards to this grenade. Since this one appears to be an earlier grey (looks more grey than black with closer images) bodied grenade with a later fuze, I'm not clear as to why it wasn't repainted yellow or green? Any thoughts?

Thanks again!
    James