Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww1 shell case and projectile?

Article about: Hey guys got a shell case a while ago now and I was in my local gun shop the other day and a projectile caught my eye so I ended up taking it home. Just wondered if anyone could shed light o

Talking Ww1 shell case and projectile?

Hey guys got a shell case a while ago now and I was in my local gun shop the other day and a projectile caught my eye so I ended up taking it home. Just wondered if anyone could shed light on either of the two and if they are both compatible/match (would case and projectile go together)

Cheers guys!!! Ww1 shell case and projectile?Ww1 shell case and projectile? Ww1 shell case and projectile?Ww1 shell case and projectile?Ww1 shell case and projectile?

Bump?

Hi, looks like an 18 pdr shell, they look like they match, they fit well together. Here is a link to a picture of a whole 18 pdr round, is looks similar to yours.

File:QF 18 pounder CWM Ottawa 6.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Cheers
    Harry

Ahhh thank you very much!!!

War relics to the rescue once again

Hi,
    i also think it is an 18lbs shell and case i have two here in my collection all you need now is the fuze, they take the No 100 or No 80, you can pick they up it would look great all cleaned up and complete.
    thanks for showing it Dave.

Hi ,
    I also notice the drive band is missing from the shell head but no worries it still looks good.
    Dave.

Hey,

Cheers for the replies guys I'll have to source a fuze and a drive band for it. Thank you for all the info