Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 2.36" 'BAZOOKA' Rocket M-10

Article about: Enjoy this rather rare 'INERT' WW2 2.36" US 'Bazooka' Rocket M-10.. Smoke/WP...........Apparently the warhead has never been filled as it is un-marked......The M-10 Rocket is considered

Default WW2 2.36" 'BAZOOKA' Rocket M-10

Enjoy this rather rare 'INERT' WW2 2.36" US 'Bazooka' Rocket M-10.. Smoke/WP...........Apparently the warhead has never been filled as it is un-marked......The M-10 Rocket is considered the 'Holy Grail' of US Ordnance Collecting...Enjoy BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 2.36" 'BAZOOKA' Rocket M-10   WW2 2.36" 'BAZOOKA' Rocket M-10  

WW2 2.36" 'BAZOOKA' Rocket M-10  
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Default Re: WW2 2.36" 'BAZOOKA' Rocket M-10

Apparently the warhead has never been filled

Bill that is a nice one. I'll bet it was not filled. The WP rounds would not be easy to deactivate. (bad stuff) The WWII WP hand grenades had a blast radius just a few feet longer than they can usually be thrown. At least with the rocket you can get some distance.

How many different types of 2.36" ammo was made, ie, practice, inert, HE, WP? Were there any illumination or signal rounds made in any quantity?

m2flamethrower
    ?

Hello Bill,

Very nice rocket. Is it for sale or possible trade?

I live in Michigan.

Please reply.

Thank you,
    Greg

Quote by m2flamethrower View Post
    Hello Bill,

Very nice rocket. Is it for sale or possible trade?

I live in Michigan.

Please reply.

Thank you,
    Greg
    Greg, PM sent...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Thanks for the pictures Bill, I've never seen one before,
    Pete.

I'm kicking myself now , I seen one of these for sale at a militaria stall at an indoor market and didnt buy it because I thought it looked stupid and decided to go for more modern rocket for my bedroom table

Thanks

Danny

Nice lookin round Bill..first one I have seen. On the subject of 2.36" here is my early Bazooka round.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 2.36" 'BAZOOKA' Rocket M-10   WW2 2.36" 'BAZOOKA' Rocket M-10  

I have a couple of early rounds, but they are missing the parts you have displayed, including the safety pin, thanks for the picture, it's interesting to see these parts, Pete.