Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

ww2 german stick grenade adaptor for flare pistol how was it used?

Article about: Hi I have found these on dugup website looks interesting but how did it work? did it fire the whole stick grenade with or without the handle? dit it stay on the flare pistol or fly off with

Default ww2 german stick grenade adaptor for flare pistol how was it used?

Hi I have found these on dugup website looks interesting but how did it work?
    did it fire the whole stick grenade with or without the handle?
    dit it stay on the flare pistol or fly off with the grenade. any info would be good.
    also would it be used on any german flare pistol and did it hav a special cartrage. sorry to be a pest just cant work it out.
    Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 german stick grenade adaptor for flare pistol how was it used?  
    Attached Images Attached Images ww2 german stick grenade adaptor for flare pistol how was it used? 

ww2fotos
    ?

Default Re: ww2 german stick grenade adaptor for flare pistol how was it used?

Somebody will no doubt correct me, but as far as I can tell that is what is commonly called a "Stick Grenade" The soldier twisted the handle, and threw the whole thing - stick & all. I guess the handle gave the soldier an extra leverage advantage, and the grenade could be thrown by a strong man quite a ways!

Hi Yes the part for sale is ment to convert it for use in a flare pistol but just trying to work it out would you get rid of the handle or fire the whole thing?
    Some one will know i am sure.
    Andy

?

I would think the whole thing would be fired as the "Stick" isnt the normal one associated with the grenade

Here are some picts from Lex Peverelli grenade site in Holland
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 german stick grenade adaptor for flare pistol how was it used?  
    Attached Images Attached Images ww2 german stick grenade adaptor for flare pistol how was it used?  ww2 german stick grenade adaptor for flare pistol how was it used? 
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

I am looking for one of the cermamic, bakalite or metal adapters........BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

So the adaptor would fit the head to a special stick that would fit down the bore of the flare pistol?
    did they use a special blank flare loading?
    or was the propelling charge part of the stick grenade?
    this is very interesting would this have sent the grenade further than it could be thrown there is a very small amout of propelent in a flare cart.
    Andy

sturmpistole
    ?

Default insert

ww2 german stick grenade adaptor for flare pistol how was it used?ww2 german stick grenade adaptor for flare pistol how was it used?ww2 german stick grenade adaptor for flare pistol how was it used?ww2 german stick grenade adaptor for flare pistol how was it used?ww2 german stick grenade adaptor for flare pistol how was it used?i dont have an adaptor but i have this.

sturmpistole, now you need only a Wurfkörper - early modell - for your shell