Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Mills Grenade Lighter

Article about: I’ve recently acquired this new addition for my collection – very pleased I got it! It’s in great condition and stamped ‘BBC’ on the front, and ‘2 S’ on the back. On the base it is also stam

?

Default WW2 Mills Grenade Lighter

I’ve recently acquired this new addition for my collection – very pleased I got it!

It’s in great condition and stamped ‘BBC’ on the front, and ‘2 S’ on the back.
    On the base it is also stamped ‘MGM Ltd’ with ‘44’ which I am assuming is the year.

I’ve not seen one of these before, does anyone know any more info about when they were produced etc?

WW2 Mills Grenade LighterWW2 Mills Grenade LighterWW2 Mills Grenade LighterWW2 Mills Grenade LighterWW2 Mills Grenade LighterWW2 Mills Grenade Lighter

?

Hi, BBC is a manufacturers monogram for British Bath Company - It looks like the base plate is a gas ckeck plate or launching plate (dated 1944) as this looks to be a No 36m rifle grenade which would be fired from a launching cup fitted to the rifle. MGM would again be the manufactures monogram. Hope this helps

?

Thanks MSlusa - very interesting!

I have one the same in my collection. It is shown on the forum here:

Smoking kills? Mills Bomb cigarette lighter!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Ah brilliant! Did you manage to get your one working in the end?

Not had time to restore the workings as yet.

Cheers, Ade,
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!