Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

ww2 non-brass bofors shell!!!!!

Article about: Hi guys been meaning to show this for a while...ww2 bofors 40mm shell in steel i presume?dated 44 but head is not original as dated 42 and someone jammed it in at an angle so the neck is cre

Default ww2 non-brass bofors shell!!!!!

Hi guys been meaning to show this for a while...ww2 bofors 40mm shell in steel i presume?dated 44 but head is not original as dated 42 and someone jammed it in at an angle so the neck is creased but i have always liked it being differant to the usual brass.welcome additional info please,enjoy regards Dave.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 non-brass bofors shell!!!!!   ww2 non-brass bofors shell!!!!!  

ww2 non-brass bofors shell!!!!!   ww2 non-brass bofors shell!!!!!  

ww2 non-brass bofors shell!!!!!  

?

Default Re: ww2 non-brass bofors shell!!!!!

As you say, the shell is not original (please, not "head") It is actually the shell from a British naval Vickers 2 Pounder HV.

It looks like the case is American and of course should not have that high polish. Normally the cases were parkerised or similar as an anti-corrosion treatment.

Regards
    TonyE
    British Military Smallarms and Ammunition
    Collector, Researcher and Pedant
    https://sites.google.com/site/britmilammo/

Default Re: ww2 non-brass bofors shell!!!!!

Thanks Tony.....I have seen a few in the "us"with the same cases,these were said to be "us"navy bofor,and that differant material/coatings were tested etc,fancy wedging a british navy head into a "us"case dumb or what,regards Dave.