Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

ww2 shooting range

Article about: after years of poking around the place finally took the metal detector over for a planned visit, My father had recommended an area behind the 500 yard range, there's always plenty of bullets

At least you got a good haul of relics before calling it a day ww2nut

Tony E - Can't beat opening up a can of worms Many thanks for the clarification. Very interesting I am honoured that you refer to me as young man. I told the wife and she just laughed then spent the rest of the evening calling me it. I think I may end up beating her over the head with a few larger calibre rounds/cartridges if it continues tomorrow...........

?

in truth if the local authority really understood the dangers of what lurks beneath, i would never been allowed to dig!
    in time it will all probably be built on, at least i have managed to save a small part of it

?

I shall be 70 next birthday and though I hate to admit it, you are about the same age as my daughters!

You are thus very much a young man!

Cheers
    Tony
    British Military Smallarms and Ammunition
    Collector, Researcher and Pedant
    https://sites.google.com/site/britmilammo/

Well, you are a year younger than my father so yes, I admit that I am very much a young man

?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF5685.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	235.5 KB 
ID:	661918Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF5685.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	235.5 KB 
ID:	661918
    what a find, bedroom wall i think....and possibly a divorce!
    in all over 3000 rounds and a box of yet unknown other bits and bobs which i need to post to identify

Name:	DSCF5694.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	231.1 KB 
ID:	661919
    on the range,
    ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY 303 METAL CHAIN LINKS, IT WOULD MAKE DISPLAYING THESE BULLETS SIMPLER !!
    LOOKED EVERYWHERE AND CANT FIND ANY

?

By "Chain links" I presume you mean Browning machine gun links. These will be quite hard to find in any quantity so it may be easier to find the later cotton fabric Vickers belts (called "stripless belts"). At a pinch you could also use the fabric Browning belts made for .30 calibre.

Regards
    TonyE
    British Military Smallarms and Ammunition
    Collector, Researcher and Pedant
    https://sites.google.com/site/britmilammo/

Oh yes, there's no chance of .303 links, I've been after some for quite a while for my .303 Browning and I'm in competition with lots of others too. If you could find them they would be very expensive too. You could use .30 cal links which are cheap as chips (That's my temporary fix) but don't fit perfectly or do as Tony said and buy one of the Aussie Vickers belts for 25.

?

Default restored sign

Name:	790C0978-74D6-4B38-8F07-1E0B7A636F82.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	221.8 KB 
ID:	665030
    i dont care what anyone says .....i like it.....adds to the war rooms onbeonce

I like it too, it's come up a treat. Do you have a red flag to put up when the wife's in a mood?

?

Got a feeling the red flag should stay up permanently! i was in 2 minds about the sign, i remember running past it many times on the dunes when i was a kid in school, there was once 10's of these all over the place, i just couldn't leave it for the local youths to destroy, as i am sure its the only surviving example, took many hours to whiten the letters by hand! but well worth it,

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345