Become our sponsor and display your banner here

WWI Trench Art French 37mm Inert Round

Article about: I thought I would post some shots of this 37x85mm shell that I picked up years ago. It was manufactured in January of 1918. Enjoy.

Default WWI Trench Art French 37mm Inert Round

I thought I would post some shots of this 37x85mm shell that I picked up years ago. It was manufactured in January of 1918. Enjoy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37mm6.JPG 
Views:	730 
Size:	124.2 KB 
ID:	65997   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37mm8.JPG 
Views:	1883 
Size:	174.0 KB 
ID:	65998  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: WWI Trench Art French 37mm Inert Round

Chateau-Thierry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37mm2.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	66000   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37mm1.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	66001  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Dombasle.

Name:	37mm3.JPG 
Views:	261 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	66002  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

France.

Name:	37mm4.JPG 
Views:	161 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	66003  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Montfaucon(e).

Name:	37mm5.JPG 
Views:	285 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	66004  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

disassembled.

Name:	37mm7.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	163.9 KB 
ID:	66005  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Fuse detail.

Name:	37mm9.JPG 
Views:	497 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	66006  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Last one. Driving band detail.

Name:	37mm10.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	66007  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Did I post this in the wrong section......

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]