Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII German Potato Masher Bring Back

Article about: I picked up this potato masher at a local auction awhile back. Thought you guys might enjoy seeing it. Don't worry it has been deactivated. Cheers, Robert

Default WWII German Potato Masher Bring Back

I picked up this potato masher at a local auction awhile back. Thought you guys might enjoy seeing it. Don't worry it has been deactivated. Cheers, Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German Potato Masher Bring Back   WWII German Potato Masher Bring Back  

WWII German Potato Masher Bring Back   WWII German Potato Masher Bring Back  

Default Re: WWII German Potato Masher Bring Back

looks very much like one of the common copies

Indeed, it is a copy - Hope you didn't spend very much on it.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Hate to say it but I was fooled. But I don't have much invested in it, no one at that auction knew what it was so I got it cheap. Cheers, Robert

It's a good one! One of the best fakes around. Markings on the stick are wrong, so is the type of lettering on the grenade itself. Some other things wrong with it too, like the nails on the adapter (they look like screws on yours).
    Think we had one of these pass by some months ago on the forum?
    Nice item to dress up a manequin, but at the end of the day it is what it is, a good fake.
    Last edited by Feuerbach; 03-17-2012 at 01:27 AM.

I am afraid it had me fooled. Oh well it goes well with my display for no more than I have in it.

Quite a few of those still kicking around. However, I must say that I do like them I mean, I know they're copies an all but still, good copies and better than the 'all wooden' ones you see. At least someone has taken the time to try and get it right

I have one in my collection and it sits next to an authentic Mills and Pineapple grenade. Makes a great talking point and a heck of a lot cheaper than an original

Steve T

Quote by spotter View Post
    looks very much like one of the common copies
    My words exactly.

?

Even though a fake, it still looks good. As you got it cheap, you can just count yourself lucky. Itll look good with other TR stuff and you saved a bundle. Congrats. I quite like it.