Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1942 aws ?

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, I have this AWS PAB by 1942 AWS. I found it today going through some stuff, and noticed it has waffling on the catch. Is this normal? The catch has 4 vertical lines you can

Default 1942 aws ?

Hello Gentlemen, I have this AWS PAB by 1942 AWS. I found it today going through some stuff, and noticed it has waffling on the catch. Is this normal? The catch has 4 vertical lines
    you can see them in the 3rd picture
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1942 aws ?   1942 aws ?  

1942 aws ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1942 aws ?
    P
    Many

Unfortunately this is an old repro known as the 'Cutter fake', although it's suprising how often it still catches out some dealers. There are several points that give this one away, the main one is the sharp edge burr that can be felt on the reverse around the gun, wings, cupola and swastika, and give this badge it's name in collector circles.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you for the great info Ned! I knew something wasn't right about this badge when I saw it. I guess that's why I had it set aside for so long. " Out of Sight Out of Mind"