Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

25 Panzerkampfabzeichen by Gustav Brehmer

Article about: Giel Van Wassenhove: Like Philippe, I like the details on this piece. But on the other hand when I first looked at the reverse pictures I was far from convinced. The very large catchplate, t

Default Re: 25 Panzerkampfabzeichen by Gustav Brehmer

Sorry about the quality, i need to get a better camera for close up's.
    Here's the Frank & Reif.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 25 Panzerkampfabzeichen by Gustav Brehmer   25 Panzerkampfabzeichen by Gustav Brehmer  

25 Panzerkampfabzeichen by Gustav Brehmer   25 Panzerkampfabzeichen by Gustav Brehmer  

25 Panzerkampfabzeichen by Gustav Brehmer  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 25 Panzerkampfabzeichen by Gustav Brehmer
    P
    Many

Concerning the 25 version, I am not keen on the eagles head shape. Also with G.B badges, the pin usually exhibits a 'V' shape along the top right where the pin loops over the hinge. This is not true of all however. Can you post a clear picture of this area for inspection, camera permitting?

Concerning the 25, i see no problems with it. There are more good points than bad. The 25 for instance is correct for that maker, the rivets, eagles talons and hardware. Plus a couple of other "traits" that I can see However we are all entitled to our opinions. The PAB F&R is a type 4.2.1. with the aligned "I" & "T" but the catch may have been replaced. Incidently Mark, what do each weigh?

JMO

Hi John.
    Both are spot on weight and dimension wise. I've put them back in the display frame now, so i can't be doing with getting them back out again.
    I think the GB is 35grms and the Frank & Reif 34grms. I did check them out.
    Cheers for your comments, it's appreciated mate.

Just as an update, this was discussed on another forum, and posted by Hans, the opinion was, especially from Tom Durante was that it is a good badge.
    would have been nice to give an update Hans.
    One reason why I will not be posting anymore
    Don't comment if you don't know.

?

No one said 100% sure opinion about the badge yet, even Philippe the author of the Panzerkampf Abzeichen book not, I posted the new pictures but no one replied to it yet.
    I think without a whole straight picture from the observe and the reverse or scans, no one can say for sure that its original or fake.

Quote by Anubis View Post
    Not original, sorry.

Quote by Anubis View Post
    No one said 100% sure opinion about the badge yet, even Philippe the author of the Panzerkampf Abzeichen book not,
    Reply from Phillippe, the author..........
    All in all I like what I see. Very good detail , correct number shield and rivets.

Interesting on this badge also is the traces we see when looking at the swas arm where, on many badges, the excess material is to be found.

Looks like this problem also was present on this badge but that the material fell out. A feature I don't recall ever seeing before but not something I would expect to see on a fake.

From Tom Durrante
    I agree with Giel and Phil, the details of this one look very good Also interesting to see absolutely no sign of finish left on the numberplate. And I agree with you that the eagle's head looks different, but I think that is probably due to the angle of the photo since everything else on the obverse design seems to match up perfectly with original GBs.

I maybe wrong, but it does appear to have a few thumbs up at the moment, more that you gave it at the start.

I have decided to leave the forum for a while, exactly because of things like this

?

No one said on the GCA....
    I told why I don't like it.

?

What kind of things?
    If the guys would comment 100% sure opinions, I would post it to here, I am not here to muck somebody up.
    You are pick only details from the whole replies.
    Tom also wrote, what Giel too that he is not convinced with the reverse.
    I will post now all the three opinions here, and ask for a check again from the guys.

?

Philippe De Bock:
    Always difficult these GB's when you only have pictures to go on.
    All in all I like what I see. Very good detail , correct number shield and rivets.
    Interesting on this badge also is the traces we see when looking at the swas arm where, on many badges, the excess material is to be found.
    Looks like this problem also was present on this badge but that the material fell out. A feature I don't recall evzer seeing before but not something I would expect to see on a fake.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast