Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25"....ORIGINAL OR FAKE?

Article about: Hello men, does this one have a chance? It appears the catch may have been repairs. Your thought and opinions would be great, thanks.

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25"....ORIGINAL OR FAKE?

Hello men, does this one have a chance? It appears the catch may have been repairs.
    Your thought and opinions would be great, thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25"....ORIGINAL OR FAKE?
    P
    Many

Although I do not study numbered PAB's, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no.
    I see a couple of things that I am not comfortable with.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It's a pretty shabby fake i'm afraid. Where to start? Lack of detail on the obverse, especially around the track area, number box too large, number cartouche wrong, general soft appearance. Reverse has wrong set up altogether, pin, hinge and catch are no good. The rivets are a massive red flag, and again, the number box can be seen to be too big. The base material is wrong as well and clearly shows signs of casting. Take a look at mine for comparisons, although bear in mind the catch is an accepted variation that's rather rare for these.

Regards, Ned.

Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25"....ORIGINAL OR FAKE?Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25"....ORIGINAL OR FAKE?Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25"....ORIGINAL OR FAKE?Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25"....ORIGINAL OR FAKE?Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25"....ORIGINAL OR FAKE?Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25"....ORIGINAL OR FAKE?Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25"....ORIGINAL OR FAKE?Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25"....ORIGINAL OR FAKE?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

A perfect response. Not only backed up with knowledge and experience in the field, the images and thorough explanation go a long way to recording what is good and what is not. Well done Ned, you are a credit to the forum

?

Thank you big ned. I was hoping to get your expert opinion on this and it looks like I got it

Quote by CARL88 View Post
    A perfect response. Not only backed up with knowledge and experience in the field, the images and thorough explanation go a long way to recording what is good and what is not. Well done Ned, you are a credit to the forum
    Thanks for the kind words Carl, the cheque's in the post......Koruna's wasn't it???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned's summation is spot on! Stewy