Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

75 Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS

Article about: This looks convincing to me. Any opinions would be appreciated! I have been comparing this one to the photos of one on wehrmacht-awards within the Jacques Calero collection. It seems to be v

I'm unable to agree gentlemen. Take a look at these original examples, note especially the 'blob' of zinc in the seam below the loaders hatch. This is seen on ALL JFS grade IV badges to some degree or another, there is NO sign of it on the one Anzel is looking at purchasing.

There is also another indented flaw on the first track link pin on the left hand track, again, this also is seen on all JFS grade IV badges to the same extent. It is not there on the above badge.

Note the difference in the road wheels on both sets of tracks, inside and out, compared to the badge above. All four are identical to each other on the confirmed genuine badges, yet are noticably different on the above award. There should be no exception to these points on a genuine piece, yet Anzel's example is missing them all.

These badges go for around 7500-8500 Euro's each, a costly mistake if you don't pay attention to the small details. I'm sure with better pic's of the reverse set up as I laid out in my previous post will only confirm that this is a completely bogus badge and is worth nothing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 75  Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS   75  Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS  

75  Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS   75  Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS  

75  Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 75  Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS
    P
    Many

?

Hmmm, I would have to respectfully disagree with the "blob" of zinc being a choice of authenticity. Here is a photo of an original without the "blob". This could be a different variant. Im still liking it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 75  Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS   75  Panzerkampfabzeichen by JFS  

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    I'm unable to agree gentlemen. Take a look at these original examples, note especially the 'blob' of zinc in the seam below the loaders hatch. This is seen on ALL JFS grade IV badges to some degree or another, there is NO sign of it on the one Anzel is looking at purchasing.

There is also another indented flaw on the first track link pin on the left hand track, again, this also is seen on all JFS grade IV badges to the same extent. It is not there on the above badge.

Note the difference in the road wheels on both sets of tracks, inside and out, compared to the badge above. All four are identical to each other on the confirmed genuine badges, yet are noticably different on the above award. There should be no exception to these points on a genuine piece, yet Anzel's example is missing them all.

These badges go for around 7500-8500 Euro's each, a costly mistake if you don't pay attention to the small details. I'm sure with better pic's of the reverse set up as I laid out in my previous post will only confirm that this is a completely bogus badge and is worth nothing.
    Ned,

Thank you for your detailed analysis of the award in question compared to known originals. I appreciate your time and effort. I want to avoid a costly mistake. I must say this one is very convincing in many ways. Ned, your attention to detail is remarkable!
    Thanks,
    Anzel

Quote by fvrod1 View Post
    Hmmm, I would have to respectfully disagree with the "blob" of zinc being a choice of authenticity. Here is a photo of an original without the "blob". This could be a different variant. Im still liking it
    That's hardly suprising as the 75 and 100 badges you show are both late semi hollow JUNCKER grade IV badges.... Please take note of the aluminium rivets penetrating through to the obverse side, not a trait of JFS badges if I recall.

The badge at the bottom however is a JFS grade IV, and I certainly can see the dreaded 'blob' below the loaders hatch.

Are you "Still liking it" now????
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

No surrender here. Im still liking this badge Personally Id take a chance with this badge if the price was low enough. Especially if the only flaws are the small blob, that could have chipped off and the other minor differences big Ned points out. I am now dawning my flak vest.

?

No surrender here. Im still liking this badge Personally Id take a chance with this badge if the price was low enough. Especially if the only flaws are the small blob, that could have chipped off and the other minor differences big Ned points out. I am now dawning my flak vest.
    What would you be willing to spend on this example? These are not pocket change as you know.

Any single one of the differences I pointed out are enough to condemn this badge, without even looking at the main giveaways, the reverse set up, but if there is still a belief that it's a good one then I would say if you can get it for less than 6000 Euro's then buy it. But don't start complaining when it proves to be a bad 'un.

?

The deal has fell apart because a story was constructed around how this badge and others were acquired that is untrue I'm afraid. The SS sleeve eagle proved to be a fake as well. This was a close one and a well constructed scam.

How much was he asking for the badge then??? Or the whole group if that be the case???

I would have to agree that at the end of the day that this badge has just too many "little bits" to it that do not ring true. If it had been a $100 badge, a person could possibly have taken a flyer on it and tried, but when you're talking about kicking up into the 10 grand range of prices, then there can be no qualms or questions. Badges like these are in the money areas of a Ritter, and the minutest details must match. So, it looks like the spider goes hungry today and the fly avoids yet another web....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast