Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Assmann panzerkampabzeichen

Article about: hello, here is my new acquisition,(ASSMANN PAB) any comment? http://warrelics.eu/forum/attachment...1&d=1218546141 http://warrelics.eu/forum/attachment...1&d=1218546141 http://warrel

BoMir
    ?

Default Re: Assmann panzerkampabzeichen

Hello

This is a very tricky badge.
    The first impression you get is that it is OK. But after looking a few times, you start to notice a few oddities. In the beginning I had this double feeling about it and I thought it had something to do with the catch. But after seeing the first of your last pictures (backside from bottom to top), I started to look for information on other forums because on that picture the look of the metal was rather strange.

I came across the enclosed pictures. These are pictures of the hero. The only difference is the chemical aging at the hinge. The most important resemblance is the deformed mudguard. It is said this is also the key feature to recognize this type.

Iím sorry to say but it looks like this badge is a very very good reproduction made by the Hero.

KR
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hero assmann hollow obv.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	139.3 KB 
ID:	13184   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hero assmann hollow rev.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	13185  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hero assmann hollow rev 2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	129.7 KB 
ID:	13186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hero assmann hollow side.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	13187  

2. # ADS

Hello BoMir,

thx for your info

Milan

Munslow
    ?

Unfortunately it has 2 more tell tale signs also on the reverse which say it is a Hero Fake.

I think all collector's have something fake enter in their collection at sometime or other.* Even the most experienced can be tricked at times, It's part of the hobby.

The thing is not to feel bad about it but learn from the mistakes and strive to be ever more critical of pieces you may consider buying.

Some fakes nowadays are incredible and are described as high tech, so be alert and do your homework....

Munslow

*The first german helmet I ever bought was a fake. It arrived reaking of paint. Luckily I got my money back...

The second helmet I bought was also a fake but I was tipped off and sent it back without even opening the package...

I only have good ones now though...

?

What are the two more tale tale signs on the back?

"Unfortunately it has 2 more tell tale signs also on the reverse which say it is a Hero Fake.'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12