Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Bronze Panzerabzeichen , unknown maker ??

Article about: Please can anyone comment on the authenticity of my tombak bronze washed panzer assault badge ? I assumed all ok , but it seems to have landed me in trouble .... Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Bronze Panzerabzeichen , unknown maker ??

Please can anyone comment on the authenticity of my tombak bronze washed panzer assault badge ? I assumed all ok , but it seems to have landed me in trouble ....
    appreciate help here guys !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze Panzerabzeichen , unknown maker ??   Bronze Panzerabzeichen , unknown maker ??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bronze Panzerabzeichen , unknown maker ??
    P
    Many

Hi Rob,

Why has it landed you in trouble? It's a genuine S&L "Classic Set Up" type 1.4.3 zincer in bronze (minus the "Classic Set Up" though!). It's a common type, they made thousands of these, but it certainly appears to have seen it's fair share of action....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

This one appears to be a classic set up Steinhauer & Lück with a missing pin. I would like to see a better photo of the eagle before stating as to it's originality.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Unless you robbed a bank to get the funds to buy it I do not see how this one has landed you in trouble either. A broken but original S&L as the fella's have said, looks like there may be a touch of zinc pest so I would give it a coat of Vaseline. Leon.
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 01-18-2015 at 07:07 AM.

looks ok to me.

Thanks for the input guys . I thought id got a ban from a facebook page I put on ! not due to NS symbol but because uncertainty over originality . All ok now . Appreciate your knowledge .