MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bronze? Panzerkampfabzeichen made by Rudolf Souval

Article about: Hello all, Here is a what I think is a bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen made by Rudolf Souval. It is marked R.S. on the back. Sadly the catch has been pushed down to where you can no longer move

?

Default Bronze? Panzerkampfabzeichen made by Rudolf Souval

Hello all,

Here is a what I think is a bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen made by Rudolf Souval. It is marked R.S. on the back. Sadly the catch has been pushed down to where you can no longer move the pin. This is another medal that I am posting for a friend. The medals were her grandfathers, who was a paratrooper with the 101st and landed on D-Day. I have never owned one of these so I am not 100% on authenticy, but seeing as these were brought back by my friends grandfather I have more reason to believe they are real than not. Any opinions would be appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze? Panzerkampfabzeichen made by  Rudolf Souval   Bronze? Panzerkampfabzeichen made by  Rudolf Souval  

Bronze? Panzerkampfabzeichen made by  Rudolf Souval   Bronze? Panzerkampfabzeichen made by  Rudolf Souval  

Bronze? Panzerkampfabzeichen made by  Rudolf Souval   Bronze? Panzerkampfabzeichen made by  Rudolf Souval  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bronze? Panzerkampfabzeichen made by  Rudolf Souval
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bronze? Panzerkampfabzeichen made by Rudolf Souval

I could be wrong here, but shouldn't there be a die flaw like a number 7 on the wing of the eagle? It may be my eyes, but I can't see a flaw?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I could be wrong here, but shouldn't there be a die flaw like a number 7 on the wing of the eagle? It may be my eyes, but I can't see a flaw?
    JB is correct, there must be a very small '7' shaped flaw on the eagle's inner lower left wing as indicated below, but it's very small and not easy to see in the photo i've supplied let alone yours. If it's not there it's a 100% fake.

There is also normally a residue of material stuck between the swastika's lower arm and the wing on the opposite side in the area indicated below.

For me the rear set up looks good, and typical of the 5.1.1. Souval 'Broad maker mark' type. But these are faked reasonably well so careful examination against known originals will confirm either way, I would suggest a forum search may help in this matter.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze? Panzerkampfabzeichen made by  Rudolf Souval  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Whenever I buy these RS badges I ALWAYS look for that flaw. One of the main reasons is when selling it on, collectors like to see it. Much like the flaw on the German cross in gold. There are examples without the flaw that did exist, but it's much easier when the "known" flaw is seen. Coupled with the fact that a lot of RS stuff was put together post war, as I said, not really comfortable with it. Thanks for the confirmation Ned. I thought it was me!

enladged pics are blury,but Iam ok with it.

?

Thank you all for the comments. My friend will be coming over again tomorrow and I will try to get better pictures and try to see if i can make out the flaw that you guys are talking about. Are the flaws always in the same spot, or just in the general area?

Quote by dramos View Post
    Thank you all for the comments. My friend will be coming over again tomorrow and I will try to get better pictures and try to see if i can make out the flaw that you guys are talking about. Are the flaws always in the same spot, or just in the general area?
    Yes they don't move very far! The excess material around the lower part of the swastika and the wing on the left side as we look at it can vary from quite significant to barely noticable though. As for the '7' flaw it should be there where indicated by the arrow above the tank's gun barrel.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thank you Ned! I will have the medal in hand tomorrow, when the light is still up, so I will try to get better pictures. If the medal does end up being repro I wonder where it came from. Were these medals faked immediately following the war?

This might help in showing the flaw.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze? Panzerkampfabzeichen made by  Rudolf Souval  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks Ralph, that does help!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast