Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Dr. Franke & Co. Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze.

Article about: One of the more uncommon Panzerkampf Abzeichen's to be found, is the FCL design type 2. The design is idiosyncratic amongst makers in that while the grass and rock foreground and panzer conf

Default Dr. Franke & Co. Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze.

One of the more uncommon Panzerkampf Abzeichen's to be found, is the FCL design type 2. The design is idiosyncratic amongst makers in that while the grass and rock foreground and panzer conform to type 2 design, the eagle is unique, it being far more Art Deco in design than any other makers examples. The extremly fine grass blades all leaning to the right are also only seen on this makers badges. The oakleaves and wreath also show a nice subdued stippling to their finish.

Silver types are found with a variety of bright plating or later versions with a weak matt wash, whereas most bronze grades have a dark brown/reddish finish as seen in my example below. The reverse set up on the hollow zinc design was always the same, a sheet metal wraparound hinge with rounded off corners, and a tombak '?' shaped catch soldered directly onto the badge.

Dr. Franke & Co. Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze.Dr. Franke & Co. Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze.Dr. Franke & Co. Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dr. Franke & Co. Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Dr. Franke & Co. Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze.

Congrats Ned!
    A fine example!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Default Re: Dr. Franke & Co. Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze.

great badge.

?

A fine badge Ned and a very well described overview of this maker's features.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....