Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Dr. Franke & Co., Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver.

Article about: Hi Guys, Another new arrival that dropped on the mat this week, a very nice and desirable hollow zinc PAB in silver by the small, partially licensed company of Doktor Franke & Co. of Lud

Default Dr. Franke & Co., Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver.

Hi Guys,

Another new arrival that dropped on the mat this week, a very nice and desirable hollow zinc PAB in silver by the small, partially licensed company of Doktor Franke & Co. of Ludenscheid. They come in a variety of finishes, and this silver plated one is probably more often found than the other more subdued wash types that are known. The grass foreground on FCL PAB's is unique, being incised rather than proud, and all the blades of grass lean towards the right hand side. The eagles head is also unique, and the oakleaf wreath is nicely stippled, these add up to a rather Art Deco look, and a significant change from most other PAB designs. The rear set up is a sheet metal hinge with rounded corners and a directly soldered on tombak '?' shaped catch.

This badge joins my very rare bronze example to complete the pair of hollow zinc badges by this maker, i've only got to get the solid zinc pair now to complete the family, but won't be holding my breath as they are uber rare.

Regards, Ned.

Dr. Franke & Co., Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver. Dr. Franke & Co., Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver. Dr. Franke & Co., Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver.Dr. Franke & Co., Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver. Dr. Franke & Co., Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver. Dr. Franke & Co., Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver.Dr. Franke & Co., Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver. Dr. Franke & Co., Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver. Dr. Franke & Co., Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver.Dr. Franke & Co., Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver. Dr. Franke & Co., Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dr. Franke & Co., Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver.
    P
    Many

Congratulations, Ned...It's always cool to complete a set! At the moment I've got some other badges on my priority-list, but when I do decide to pick up a PAB I'll be sure to check with you first...Your knowledge is appreciated!
    cheers, Glenn

very nice Ned.

Congrats on adding this one Ned!
    Not one I'm real familiar with but I am now. Will have to keep my eyes open for one of these.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Ned very very nice one of my favorite badges. Gary

Hi Ned,
    Seems like you couldn't resist the offer on the Marketplace? :P
    Choice piece!
    Congrats.

Regards
    HOW