Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EWE bronze

Article about: Congrats Nick! Welcome to the Panzerkampf Abzeichen club. Ralph.

Default EWE bronze

Looking for my first Panzerkampf Abzeichen, this has had a good review but as always I would appreciate your comments please

Catch is missing but it makes it more affordable

Cheers

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EWE bronze   EWE bronze  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EWE bronze
    P
    Many

A couple of close up shots

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EWE bronze   EWE bronze  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nice find Nick, congrats. Stewy

Although an unknown maker, EWE are thought to possibly have been a very small Austrian company that had little experience of badge production. This is the only type (Design type 5) that they produced and is therefore a fairly rare badge. The company is renowned for the good quality of finish on the badges, a type called Brennlack, and the copious use of hand finishing as can be seen by the skilled hand filing noticable on the reverse.

Unfortunately, this particular badge has only a limited amount of finish left, and also shows signs of serious zinc pest appearing all over. The lack of a catch also seriously hinders the collectability of this badge, as no Panzerkampf Abzeichen collector would really consider it. But if it's really cheap and someone really wants it that's up to them, as realistically this would sit in a dealers window until doomsday, it's pretty rough and undesirable imo.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

its ok Nick.I was looking for the sheep.lol.I can do with some.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    Try some mint sauce aftershave H, works like a dream.....
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    Enjoy Harry, just be gentle with her!....
    EWE bronze

Thanks Ned for your valued review, as always your opinion is essential for us newbie students of combat awards!

The price is low, combat awards are not my main focus, it would just be nice to have an original in my collection

I will consider your comments over a couple of glasses of wine this evening

Nick

I have found some EWE marked Panzerkampf badges in the Kurland hoard and they looked like the same.

To balance my earlier comment, I should say that if you just want a representative badge that you can display in a frame or on a tunic then this one may well do you. It's ridiculous how much you can pay for a nice Panzerkampf Abzeichen these days, the price is sky rocketting on certain types of these grade 1 badges, even compared to the numbered ones. I'm talking the equivelent of a nice double decal army helmet and change in some cases, that's how it's going!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast