Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flea market Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber,good one?

Article about: Picked this up at a flea market for 20.00,probably fake as its thin stamped metal,opinions welcome.

Default Flea market Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber,good one?

Picked this up at a flea market for 20.00,probably fake as its thin stamped metal,opinions welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flea market Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber,good one?   Flea market Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber,good one?  

Flea market Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber,good one?   Flea market Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber,good one?  

Last edited by rbminis; 10-19-2017 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flea market Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber,good one?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Anyway for nice clearer straight on shots? I'm researching now.

It does appear to be of a tombak.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Map!Here is one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flea market Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber,good one?   Flea market Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber,good one?  

MAP
    ?

From these photos I can't really say. I would like to see the catch (the base of the catch with the pin up). The hinge from an angle, a clear photo of the grass pattern and also a clearer photo of the right side inner wheels and the top right oakleaf on the wreath where it meets the wing of the eagle

I am taking a stab at the moment. Thinking it is a type 4 design. Maybe BH Mayer. Initial clue is the left headlight being positions further to the right.

But again, I'm not comfortable making a call at the moment.

EDIT: Posts crossed... sorry...see above, I still have a few more requests. (Others with more experience might be able to tell right off the bat but my old eyes need more ) Also, try taking photos on a neutral background.

EDIT 2: I'm leaning more towards a BH Mayer with your newer photos. Maybe Die #1. But a clear photo of the oakleaf, catch plate and hinge would help. The tip of the oakleaf should be "open" (not rounded or closed) when touching the wing.

Would love to hear other opinions as well

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Map for taking the time to help me out,I appreciate it!Here are a few more pics of the catch and where leaves meet eagle.These badges are a minefield,lots of fakes out there.

Flea market Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber,good one?   Flea market Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber,good one?  

As Michael has said these photos are really too small to make a confident deduction.
    That being said, it appears that it could be a good Otto Schickle badge.
    Clearer, larger and brighter photos would help to feel confident about my assessment.
    Ralph.

P.S. Michael, the oak leaf appears to be open on the end.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

What's the metal TC, is it nickel plated stamped steel or is brass underneath?

Anderson,,sure looks like brass underneath to me definatly not steel ,its non magnetic.Here are pics outside in sunlight.

Flea market Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber,good one?  

MAP
    ?

OK...I'm ok to say that this is an early 4.1.1 Die type 1 BH Mayer (Otto Schickle)

From post #5, it has the correct early rear hardware (round wire catch with flattened base, and tall sheet metal hinge). Secondly from the photos in post 5 (and as Ralph confirms as well) it has the "open" oakleaf.

These are light awards, weighing in at under 15 grams and it also appears to have the electroplated white silver finish over the tombak (albeit heavily worn)

You did well for $20. I'll triple your money if you like

I'll see MAP's $60 and raise it another $20!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast