Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help required Junker Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"

Article about: Hi Folks, I have been considering adding a Junkers PKA grade III to my PKA collection for some time. I have now found two that are currently for sale and before making a decision would appre

Default Help required Junker Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"

Hi Folks,

I have been considering adding a Junkers PKA grade III to my PKA collection for some time. I have now found two that are currently for sale and before making a decision would appreciate other opinions as tho there authenticity.The first though worn appears to my eyes original, though the detailing on the acorns gives me some cause for concern however this may just be wear and/or photographic distortion. As always thanks in advance.

Help required Junker Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"[

ATTACH=CONFIG]1011429[/ATTACH]

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help required Junker Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"  
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-25-2016 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help required Junker Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"
    P
    Many

Hi Robin,

Don't worry, it's a perfectly fine original badge showing all the expected details one likes to see.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Strange. The badge has been listed as sold, but then relisted for a price $335 less than it apparently sold for. I wonder if someone received it and didn't like it and sent it back? Or maybe withdrew from paying for some reason? Is it priced less now due to concerns raised? Has the vendor used the same pic's twice for separate badges??

Whatever, the badge is original and has no replaced fittings or other anomalies I can see other than some wear and a little zinc corrosion that's not too serious.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned, I am always hyper critical when looking at these awards, I could not find any real red flag but as you state it was up for sale/sold and then re-listed for less money so pleased to have extra eyes on it before I buy.

?

no REAL RED FLAG ?????? haha

Hi Warmac.. could you expand on your comment.

Many Thanks

The buyer may have gotten spooked by bad information....and sold it off. I don't know these awards but trust the more advanced gents here with their research

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

hollow rivets are just on Juncker type II badges when I am not making a mistake.

Quote by warmac View Post
    hollow rivets are just on Juncker type II badges when I am not making a mistake.
    Wrong. There are not hollow rivets on any genuine Juncker numbered PAB, only G.B. used them. BUT there is a critical point I think I missed on my initial appraisal which may be the reason that the badge has had a strange sales history.

Looking again at the date shield, I am now of the opinion that it is actually a JFS made piece that has been added to an original Juncker badge of indeterminate grade (either II or III) for reasons unknown, but quite likely to increase it's sales value as a '50' is a fair bit more than a '25' and a lot more than a badge missing it's shield entirely. Whatever, the differences are slight, but noticeable.

The shield of the badge under discussion.

A JFS example.

A Juncker example.

Note the differences and compare, the '0' is clearly different, being rounder for the Juncker type. The curve of the '5' is likewise the same as the JFS original and not that used by Juncker. I apologise for misleading the membership, but hopefully now it's right, but this leaves the badge compromised, so best left alone in my NEW opinion LOL.

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 10-24-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Thanks Ned,On such a detailed comparison the differences become clear.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast