Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hermann Aurich Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver.

Article about: true ! its one of more books i need , thank god for the fourm for us more poor soles

?

Thumbs up

Hi Ned,
    Very nice. I have one too, it came from a US veteran that served in Italy.

Jody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Aurich Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver.   Hermann Aurich Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hermann Aurich Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver.
    P
    Many

These solid tombak Wursters are awesome!! And so is the price!

Regards
    HOW

nice badges all.

Quote by Jody View Post
    Hello Hawkins,
    Back then they ran around $6 and if you wanted the little cardboard box to go with it was an extra $3. By 1978 those badges ran around $15-20. They were very common back in the day.

Jody
    it cost me $390nz around 320-30 usa so not cheap the exchange rate kill s me as $390usa is $460nz

Quote by big ned View Post
    This looks like it's from one of the Aurich Hoard finds from around 1971, 1975 or maybe the last in 2010 when a case of 48 packeted PAB's turned up at an auction with an asking price of 15,000 Euro's, although I think all of those were a bright Glanzverzinkt (zinc plated) whereas this one appears to be Brennlack (powdered metal heated). I think that most were bought by dealers who often parted out the badges from the cardboard issue cases to sell separately as well as together, these were going for 500 Euro's a pop in 2010 which is plainly ridiculous,you could get a fine Juncker N/S or solid tombak Wurster for that, but they did sell....

Attachment 725214

A nice badge in great shape, you now need to find a much rarer bronze one!

Regards, Ned.
    i remember seen this photo who found them and were , as for the finch on mine its hard to say as it seems to show a powder like finch but yet seems to show a flait mirror like silver finch as well , if that makes seance
    Last edited by hawkins; 08-09-2014 at 09:31 PM.

my one seems to have the same looking finsch as rbminis yet shows traces of the sliver like jody;s , there seems to be a great set of book's called the Panzer Assault badge of world war 2

Would love this set if some one has a set not to $$$$$ i have a weak spot for these and try to buy them over here when they show up and when they are in nice condition that ant very often , How would you grade this one , like i said better in person finsch wise
    Attached Images Attached Images Hermann Aurich Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver. 

It is indeed a good book about the PKA award & all concerned. I'm lucky enough to be the owner of #14 of the limited edition of the book(s). Phil DB's PKA book is very hard to find in any way, shape or form at present. Stewy

I explained the difference in finishes in my first post. To reiterate, they started as a high quality plated Glanzervint (zinc plate/galvanised) finish, but as war progressed moved onto a Brennlack finish (powdered metal that was heated) like yours and then eventually they resorted to metal washes that wore off very quickly as can be seen on many late war zinc awards.

If you are wanting to collect these seriously, the books above by Philippe De Bock are an absolute necessity and are available on occasion on Ebay for between £130-£190 depending; or currently there's a copy of the set on Alibris in the U.K. (I use them regularly and they're good) for £230. Expensive? Yes, but the first time it saves you buying a dud everything after that is gravy. This is the best book set there is and mine is well thumbed as I use it all the time and it's saved me a fortune as well as guiding me to rare badges at bargain prices, it's a fantastic investment.

Also, if you sign up and buy anything from them they regularly offer members up to £20 discount off a book purchase of your choice, you can find them here:

the german panzer assault badge of world war ii by phillippe de bock - New, Rare & Second-hand Books Online at Alibris UK

I hope this helps.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I explained the difference in finishes in my first post. To reiterate, they started as a high quality plated Glanzervint (zinc plate/galvanised) finish, but as war progressed moved onto a Brennlack finish (powdered metal that was heated) like yours and then eventually they resorted to metal washes that wore off very quickly as can be seen on many late war zinc awards.

If you are wanting to collect these seriously, the books above by Philippe De Bock are an absolute necessity and are available on occasion on Ebay for between £130-£190 depending; or currently there's a copy of the set on Alibris in the U.K. (I use them regularly and they're good) for £230. Expensive? Yes, but the first time it saves you buying a dud everything after that is gravy. This is the best book set there is and mine is well thumbed as I use it all the time and it's saved me a fortune as well as guiding me to rare badges at bargain prices, it's a fantastic investment.

Also, if you sign up and buy anything from them they regularly offer members up to £20 discount off a book purchase of your choice, you can find them here:

the german panzer assault badge of world war ii by phillippe de bock - New, Rare & Second-hand Books Online at Alibris UK

I hope this helps.

Regards, Ned.
    thanks i know comes to $550 + shipping $$$$$$$$

And no money was better spent....!!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast