Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hymmen & Co. Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc PAB in Bronze.

Article about: This is a pretty rare type 2.2.2. Panzerkampf Abzeichen by Hymmen & Co. that was briefly produced between the company switching from the 2.2.1. type hollow tombak design to the solid zin

Default Hymmen & Co. Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc PAB in Bronze.

This is a pretty rare type 2.2.2. Panzerkampf Abzeichen by Hymmen & Co. that was briefly produced between the company switching from the 2.2.1. type hollow tombak design to the solid zinc 2.2.3. type. The rectangular hinge baseplate soldered on the reverse is the same as that used by the neighbouring firm of Deumer on their earliest production hollow zinc Panzerkampf Abzeichen, and is conclusive evidence that the two firms collaborated in production of their individual products. The catch is a '?' shaped hook on a large circular base to aid soldering it on securely.

The badge itself, whilst being rather ugly, even comical with it's drooping cannon and weird looking adler, does show some very detailed design traits as well. The grass foreground is different from nearly all other makers in that it is not in relief but rather every blade is incised. Also, the track pins that hold the track links together are also to be seen alongside the highly detailed roadwheels. All this, plus the limited production period, makes this badge highly collectable even though in most cases little or no finish is left as it was absorbed most of the time. This should not be to big a concern to the collector, as the opportunity of picking up one of these rarer type of Hymmen badges doesn't come along very often.

Hymmen & Co. Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc PAB in Bronze.Hymmen & Co. Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc PAB in Bronze.Hymmen & Co. Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc PAB in Bronze.Hymmen & Co. Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc PAB in Bronze.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hymmen & Co. Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc PAB in Bronze.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Hymmen & Co. Ludenscheid, Hollow Zinc PAB in Bronze.

The postman was good to you today Ned. Another excellent synopsis of this rather quirky maker's badges. Thank you for taking the time to post it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The postman was good to you today Ned. Another excellent synopsis of this rather quirky maker's badges. Thank you for taking the time to post it.
    Ha, Ha!! I've had this one a while now, and the FCL around a year! I don't post everything I pick up, but things we're a bit quiet today so I thought i'd put 'em up for the database. Thanks for the kind words though!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Another "nice" one Ned!
    Congrats,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Ah! Sandbagging then Ned?

I guess in November you'll pull out Hitler's pyjamas that you've had lying around since '76?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....