Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Juncker PAB cut out

Article about: Hi guys, I'm new to this forum so I wanted to start off by showing one of my nicer PAB's. A 1.2.B Nickle silver Juncker with cutout grass. I searched a long time to find one that had the gra

Default Juncker PAB cut out

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum so I wanted to start off by showing one of my nicer PAB's. A 1.2.B Nickle silver Juncker with cutout grass. I searched a long time to find one that had the grass removed, but did not have the catch removed and relocated. The patina on the cuts is matched perfectly to the patina of the badge. I hope you enjoy seeing a not so often seen variation.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Juncker PAB cut out   Juncker PAB cut out  

Juncker PAB cut out   Juncker PAB cut out  

Juncker PAB cut out  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Juncker PAB cut out
    P
    Many

Interesting...

well.

?

Any other opinions on this one?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I remember about 8 to 10 years ago now these soldier modified badges were very much in collector vogue.

Looks OK to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Just an FYI. This badge has been discussed on WAF with no problems. Also has been in Giel's, Thomas Durante's, and Marc Garlasco's hands when they came to my table at the last MAX show to see it. Many others have seen this badge in hand. I have not had anyone doubt or question it until I posted it here. Also, I've turned down quite a few substantial offers. There are no issues with this badge. This is "the" textbook cutout Panzerkampf Abzeichen to have. You will literally see a thousand or more standard PAB's to every cutout. They are one of the rarest variations out there. This came from a collection that housed it since the mid 70's.

?

I'm just very surprised there hasn't been more interest shown.

I would certainly have no problems having this one in my collection.
    I just don't feel that the cutout justifies the difference in cost, although it is a Juncker nickle silver.
    All that being said, nice badge Wyatt and glad to see you here.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you Ralph, I figured it would be something nice to be seen here, or any forum for that matter. I have many other panzer and other combat badges I could post. But we see them all the time. I can see price difference on cutouts, but not a substantial one. I was blown away by one of the offers I've had for it. Field Cutout panzer badges do exist. They have been bought direct from recipients and are seen in period photographs showing several cutout variations. Most of the cutout junckers will have had the catch removed and relocated to fully cutout the grass area. Others are simply cut out around the catch. This was picked up in the mid seventies at a hotel buy when a vet brought in a panzer wrapper and trousers. I bought it directly from the man who bought it from the vet. Other than that, no provinence accompanies it.

?

That's still a good deal more provenance than many of us get with our collectables!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast