Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Minty Panzerkampfbzeichen badge silver

Article about: Nobody seems to be buying this. Not sure what I'm missing here. Seller wants \\$225, so maybe it's too pricey? Very nice one from what I can tell, perhaps worth springing for?

I'll be honest, I looked at taking the pair last week if my offer were to be accepted, but then something else cropped up that's been on my list for a while, and a deal was done that was most agreeable........ Hopefully here next week.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

On the discussion of this type of badge, I'm always kind of nervous when considering zinc based badges. If they don't exhibit zinc pest after this much time, is it likely they will never exhibit it? I assume because something is zinc based, it's not a forgone conclusion it will eventually be eaten by pesting.

I guess that may end up working out well for me then Ned! One of these badges has been on my list, but I was waiting for examples that are in this condition. The timing could be better, but I will "beg and borrow" to make it work if he's not sold them.

BTW, what was it that came up?
    "Only a real risk tests the reality of a belief." - C.S. Lewis

Everything barring gold and some of the high end Nobel group of metals like platinum and rhodium breaks down in the end doesn't it? All you can do is keep them in a dry, stabilised enviroment and let them be. They'll last longer than you in that case that's for sure....
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by avenger View Post

BTW, what was it that came up?
    Well, it's a bit battered and bruised, but definitely 'been there'! Let's just say it's got a number '25' at the bottom........

Wow. I may be new to this, but I know what you're talking about. I trust you will be showing all of us when it get in right?

You were just showing me a fake one on veteran's footlocker the other day I believe. lol Now I know why it caught your eye.

I was able to get both of the PAB's.

While not being displayed, to protect these from any potential future zinc pest, I was thinking about using little ziplock bags, one for each badge, and a sillica gel pack in each bag with each medal. Where I live, it's pretty humid most of the year, and I was figuring the plastic bags would seal out moisture and humidity while the sillica would absorb anything that does manage to get in the bags when I take the badges out to look at. That is unless there is reason to think the sillica would somehow react with the badges and harm them? Does this sound like a reasonable plan?

I'm pretty excited to see these. I wanted to get a badge, but now I have representatives of both the lower award versions!

Glad to hear that you were able to acquire both of them.
    I do not have the bronze version but, my interests lie mostly in the silver versions. If you have most or all of your collection in one room, I would recommend that you get a small dehumidifier and keep it in the room. It will help all of your 70 year old items. Personally, I refrain from trying to seal anything in plastic bags, it is never a good thing as they will also outgas unless they are made from archival safe material.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Good point Ralph. I wonder if I can find archival safe plastic bags...

I'm pretty excited to see these. I wanted to get a badge, but now I have representatives of both the lower award versions!
    That's great news! You will not regret picking both of these up believe me, and at a really good price too. Well done that man!

Regards, Ned.

I wanted to get a badge, but now I have representatives of both the lower award versions!
    Why would you call these both the lower award versions, the silver is definately one of the higher awards, not including the numbered ones.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast