Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Need help Panzer-Kampfabzeichen Luftwaffe

Article about: Sorry for my bad english I hope you understand me Looking for help. I have probably Panzer-Kampfabzeichen Luftwaffe badge and I don't know is this badge real or not. May be a copy or fake? P

taxicab
    ?

Default Need help Panzer-Kampfabzeichen Luftwaffe

Sorry for my bad english I hope you understand me Looking for help. I have probably Panzer-Kampfabzeichen Luftwaffe badge and I don't know is this badge real or not. May be a copy or fake? Probably badge silver, on the back side I see digits 768 - but not sure exactly. Also SS letters, word BERLIN and digits 43. Mostly all badges, which I found in internet have a pin on back side. But mine badge - isn't. Probably due to skull image on back side. Any help much appreciated. Thanks in advance Need help Panzer-Kampfabzeichen LuftwaffeNeed help Panzer-Kampfabzeichen LuftwaffeNeed help Panzer-Kampfabzeichen Luftwaffe

2. # ADS

Sorry, but this is a pure fantasy badge and is worthless to any genuine collector.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

taxicab
    ?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Sorry, but this is a pure fantasy badge and is worthless to any genuine collector.

Regards, Ned.
    thx Ned

Quote by taxicab View Post
    thx Ned
    No problem. Whilst there is still no real evidence of these being awarded during the war, they were instituted on November 3, 1944 by order of Goering. There was a couple of designs passed, un numbered and numbered as per the regs for the standard PAB, but these were not known to be produced until after the war. There are '57 award versions (sans swastika) out there but genuine early ones are rare, one of the makers was Steinhauer & Luck, and here's one of theirs.

Need help Panzer-Kampfabzeichen LuftwaffeNeed help Panzer-Kampfabzeichen LuftwaffeNeed help Panzer-Kampfabzeichen Luftwaffe

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post

Regards, Ned.
    I agree with Ned completely.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

that's an awful fake.

The overall "quality" is awful enough, but putting an SS Death's Head and -runes on the back of a Luftwaffe badge is really beyond silly.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The overall "quality" is awful enough, but putting an SS Death's Head and -runes on the back of a Luftwaffe badge is really beyond silly.
    A fantasy that is totally out of this world; the fake might as well head for Mars or beyond.

HOW

I forgot to mention in my previous answer that the unnumbered badges were designed with a black lacquered wreath whilst the numbered ones were silver although you can see that in the catalogue page I posted.

Regards, Ned.

Look at the detail, there's really no reason to ask yourself, or others? I think this is something that new collectors or aspiring collectors really need to grasp. Use your eyes, and your judgement (and be critical), if the quality is not there, then it is not real.