Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nickel Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen by C.E. Juncker of Berlin.

Article about: Hi Guys, Here's a nice example of a silver Panzerkampf Abzeichen by Juncker I picked up recently. It's considered to be the second variation (1.1.2b) of the original of all Panzerkampf Abzei

Default Nickel Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen by C.E. Juncker of Berlin.

Hi Guys,

Here's a nice example of a silver Panzerkampf Abzeichen by Juncker I picked up recently. It's considered to be the second variation (1.1.2b) of the original of all Panzerkampf Abzeichen's that were instituted in late December 1939, the main difference being that the sheet metal hinge had a small base either side, added for ease of soldering (see highlight below). This method of fixing was used on Juncker combat badges for the rest of the war. The catch is the usual 'C' shape and is made of tombak.

Another slight difference from some, but not all of the earliest Juncker badges is the addition of a silver wash. It's a high quality finish, but is so often worn away or completely removed by polishing, so it's nice to find one with over 95% of this remaining.

Although not an uncommon badge, the early Juncker neusilber examples like this one are extremely desirable to collectors due to the quality of material and the beautiful design, and so currently command a very high premium compared to most other Panzerkampf Abzeichen's.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nickel Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen by C.E. Juncker of Berlin.   Nickel Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen by C.E. Juncker of Berlin.  

Nickel Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen by C.E. Juncker of Berlin.   Nickel Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen by C.E. Juncker of Berlin.  

Nickel Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen by C.E. Juncker of Berlin.  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nickel Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen by C.E. Juncker of Berlin.
    P
    Many

looks real nice Ned.

Very nice example Ned. Thanks for sharing. Stewy

Nice one Ned - do you have a collection display photo or two of your jewels ( not the family ones, mind )

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Great badge Ned - the condition is fabulous - Congrats.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Good looking badge Ned.

?

ooo love the finish on this one, as well as the typical high detail of Juncker badges

Great looking piece Ned.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, I would like to take the time to thank forum member 'Fischer' for allowing me take it off his hands, it is now one of my favourite pieces. Cheers Don!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Cheers Ned...I am glad it went to a good home.

Enjoy it my friend...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast