Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on this Dr Franke & Co Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen

Article about: Hello All, this one is up for grabs and looks to be a good silver grade FCL badge. I haven't gone down the route of buying it yet Any comments or opinions would be appreciated. Cheers Doug

Default Opinions on this Dr Franke & Co Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen

Hello All, this one is up for grabs and looks to be a good silver grade FCL badge.

I haven't gone down the route of buying it yet

Any comments or opinions would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Doug

Opinions on this Dr Franke & Co Silver PanzerkampfabzeichenOpinions on this Dr Franke & Co Silver PanzerkampfabzeichenOpinions on this Dr Franke & Co Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this Dr Franke & Co Silver Panzerkampfabzeichen
    P
    Many

Hi Doug,
    Looks great! A nice chrome plated type version of the early hollow zinc F&CL PAB in fine condition.As you probably know these also came in a subdued finish that is not quite as aesthetically pleasing, but was possibly done for reasons of 'operational concealment', for want of better words! There was a GAB posted yesterday with this subdued finish, so here's the link so you can compare the differences:

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hollow back in Zinc

It's interesting to note the discoloured areas around the hinge and catch, not bad in this case, but I have often seen these areas on F&CL badges that have got really rusty, the pin too, whilst the badge itself remains fine. I wonder if it's down to the flux they used when soldering on the hardware being rather corrosive? Great badge anyway, and pretty rare, so a fine addition to any collection.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Original FCL, as Ned says. Stewy

Hello Ned and Stewy
    Thank you both for your input
    That was a very comprehensive explanation Ned.
    I was fairly sure that the badge was a good one but coming from the same seller as the unknown bronze example that I posted it sowed some doubt in my mind.

Thanks once again both for your help

Cheers
    Doug