Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions please!

Article about: Now 2 people (1 dealer) have said all these are good! I am a collector of 3 years & read alot on them but dont own alot.... I believe apart from 1 maybe 2 that they are bad.... PLEASE pu

Default Opinions please!

Now 2 people (1 dealer) have said all these are good! I am a collector of 3 years & read alot on them but dont own alot.... I believe apart from 1 maybe 2 that they are bad.... PLEASE put me out of my misery!
    Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions please!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinions please!

Hi Dan, can we see the backs please? I know we talked about the U Boat badge (bad) in another thread last night.

More often than not, the back tells the story.

Cheers, Ade.

these are all I have... I dont like the dumbell tracks on the PAB

I'll stick my neck out and say the Pab looks like a good, type 4.2.1. low maker mark example, and so does the Junkers Coastal Artillery

Are you happy with the dumbells on the tracks John? This to me is always a red flag!
    cheers

i like the CA badge but not the tank,,,F&R usually found semi hollow with higher trademark,this has a non-standard hinge and catch,plus the makers lettering is rounded not straight and crisp as the examples i have seen,,,for me,this is a no-go,,,

Sorry I disagree with the last statement, Frank & Reif manufactured both the central maker mark, and the later lower one.. The hardware on this badge is correct, another "trait" on this type, was the I and the T are directly under one an other, something the fake ones cannot get right. And my understanding this IS a semi hollow badge, well looking at the pictures it would appear that way. and with the absense of the flaw mark on the upper left oak leaf, i still say that it is a 4.2.1.

However Stewy will know for sure

On the PAB, am I getting confused with this fake?

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...2121/#post9928

The one that I showed in that thread Dan, is not like yours. For a start look at the lettering, and secondly yours is semi scooped whereas the other one is flat.
    But I could be wrong

Hardware's fine on the PKA but i'd like a clear shots of the eagle/whole badge straight on obverse & reverse. Something bothers me slightly but pics would alay my suspicions. Stewy S