Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

PAB dishback ok?

Article about: Hello, I welcome opinions on this PAB which I suppose could be no. 5.13 - dishback - from the book of Mr. de Bock. However, the "dish" on the reverse is much smaller than as pictur

?

Default PAB dishback ok?

Hello,

I welcome opinions on this PAB which I suppose could be no. 5.13 - dishback - from the book of Mr. de Bock.

However, the "dish" on the reverse is much smaller than as pictured in the book... Is the award ok?

I know my pics are terrible, however this is my first day with a new smartphone so I hope you can understand Please let me know if better pictures necessary!

PAB dishback ok?
    PAB dishback ok?
    PAB dishback ok?
    PAB dishback ok?

Thanks!

Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PAB dishback ok?   PAB dishback ok?  

PAB dishback ok?   PAB dishback ok?  

PAB dishback ok?   PAB dishback ok?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement PAB dishback ok?
    P
    Many

It's original and is a variant known as the 'Small Dishback'. If you don't already own this one i'd recommend you avoid it as it is cracked right through at the rear of the turret area of the wreath, and has been attempted to be glued together at some point in the past, negating any value or desirability in my opinion.

Regards, Ned.

EDIT: Just noticed the lack of excess material below the turret that should be there if this were a 'small dishback'. Therefore I must change my opinion on this, and on further examination will state that it's actually another unknown maker variant called the 'Dented Flatback' that is fairly rare and a part of the 'Flatback' series of badges. Sorry for the mistake.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hello,
    thank you. Good to know it's an original!

I have already owned it for a few years - bought it at a bargain price knowing its cracked at a time I was still a student with no money to spend on items in better shape In fact in reality it looks much better that in pics as the crack is almost invisible without very thorough examination.

So I must admit I kind of like this particular badge for this nostalgic reason although I was always a little unsure about its authenticity due to differences to the pictures in that great book - which is why I asked for opinions here.

Regards,
    A.