Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PABs in Bronze From Kurland

Article about: Hi guys, just sharing my 3 new relic PABs found in Kurland. There were around 50 of them found together. Diggers in Kurland are frequently coming across such finds because the Inf. Div. 121

Default PABs in Bronze From Kurland

Hi guys, just sharing my 3 new relic PABs found in Kurland. There were around 50 of them found together. Diggers in Kurland are frequently coming across such finds because the Inf. Div. 121 was undefeated until May 45 so they had to surrender at the last days of the war to the red army. Before they did so, they got rid of all their awards since they were afraid that soviets would punish greatly those who were decorated for their achievement against them. My friend Paul also found once during a digging trip in Latvia, many CCCs in the Kurland pocket (If you have any pics mate please post)

The seller had 18 of this found hoard and i chose 3 of them which were in good condition (for relics).

p.s. Thanks Juhan, you are the relic man
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PABs in Bronze From Kurland   PABs in Bronze From Kurland  

PABs in Bronze From Kurland   PABs in Bronze From Kurland  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement PABs in Bronze From Kurland
    P
    Many

You chose well!...

Thanks Paul
    Here is the stash that Juhan has for sale.

p.s. I had to watermark the pictures just in case someone wanted to use them in ebay, ioffer etc in order to scam people.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PABs in Bronze From Kurland   PABs in Bronze From Kurland  

PABs in Bronze From Kurland  

That's a great find, i'd love to go digging one day!..

wow.Great relic condition.has any site this seller?

Quote by herrzark View Post
    wow.Great relic condition.has any site this seller?
    They are for sale on here!....
    Panzerkamf in Bronze - recent finds from Kurland Kessel! - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

All 3 are of an unknown maker, the AS in triangle is one of 3 different die designs they used, this being the second or type 3.3.2., the others being 3.3.1. and 3.3.3. The main difference is that all 3 have a different grass pattern than the others. This particular type is also the one that has the most pronounced scooped out reverse compared to the others, and is the only one with a 'flattened' ball hinge.

The other 2 badges are known as the 'Juncker' type due to the rear set up being similar to that used by that maker on other combat badges. Both are the type 'B'; a slight variant on the type 'A' in that the headlights and coaxial MG design is slightly different. This could be because a new die was used or the type 'A' was reworked at some stage.

3 real warhorses with historical provenance, that's cool!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for the replies guys.
    Ned that was a very informative post. Badges are not my main thing so i hadn't read before all those details regarding this maker. Thank you very much

It is always a pleasure to see that historical items are well displayed and found a good new home:-).

Hehe, indeed mate. I will post the rest of my Kurland relics later

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast