Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer abzeichen

Article about: Hi Guys, These are my first steps on this forum, I hope I'm in the right place for this. I'm from the Netherlands and have a small collection of German, British and American militaria. I pos

?

Default Panzer abzeichen

Hi Guys,
    These are my first steps on this forum, I hope I'm in the right place for this.
    I'm from the Netherlands and have a small collection of German, British and American militaria.
    I posted a german belt buckle a couple of years ago, with a name tage inside.

To the point, a friend of mine bought two decorations in Italy this summer a bit infected by my
    interest in militaria and is now wondering if he did ok. The first is a panzer abzeichen, and a infanterie strumabzeichen. The question of course is are they real? I will upload pictures of the infanterie abzeiche in a new thread.Panzer abzeichenPanzer abzeichenPanzer abzeichenPanzer abzeichenPanzer abzeichen

This one looks very rough to me, not nice detailed.
    The needle is magnetic, and it looks like there is some silver residu when I inspect it with a lens.

Thanks very much for your help

kind regards Menno

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer abzeichen
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Panzer abzeichen

Hi Menno and welcome to the forum, thank you for posting your badge.

I can't help with the authenticity of the badge, there are others far more qualified than me to comment on it.

If you have any questions or need any help please don't be afraid to ask, the members here are some of the best.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hello Menno and welcome to the forum!
    Unfortunately, I believe that your PAB is a fake.
    The eagle's head for F&R is a pretty distinctive shape and is quite recognizable from front or back. The cupola on the tank of your badge is just too pointed. The grass area and stone in the foreground of your badge has too much detail for a F&R produced badge. I will post a couple photos of mine for you to compare.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer abzeichen   Panzer abzeichen  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I must agree with Ralph with the grass, as the lack of it is typical for F&R sorry.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the comments, I can see the differences you mention Ralph.
    It's my friends badge wich he bought in Italy, I'm sorry to have to disapoint him.
    I thought the tracks ( the dots on them were to round) and wheels were to rough

menno