Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer assault badge, real or fake?

Article about: Hi everyone! Need help with this panzer assault badge. What do you think? Real or fake? It seems that it has been converted from pin to screwback.. Thanks for the help

?

Default Panzer assault badge, real or fake?

Hi everyone!

Need help with this panzer assault badge. What do you think? Real or fake? It seems that it has been converted from pin to screwback..

Panzer assault badge, real or fake?Panzer assault badge, real or fake?Panzer assault badge, real or fake?

Thanks for the help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer assault badge, real or fake?
    P
    Many

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

It is a ground up fake and not a conversion. 100% bad.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yep welcome indeed and hopefully this first post has saved you from a disastrous episode!

As Ade says, this is a fake and a really awful one too

If nothing else puts one off just look at the ridiculous acorns that seem like pairs of boot prints

I can see why you might think it had been converted as the reverse shows signs of hardware locatiing points but even that is so rough looking that it just shows that this item ( I won't call it a badge) is descendant from something else.

In short, I don't think this would even satisfy for re-enactment use.

There is a mass of excellent reference material avaiable;

THE GERMAN PANZER ASSAULT BADGE OF WORLD WAR II: A Collector's Guide To The German Panzer Assault Badge Of World War II: Phillipe De Brock: 9789081420204: Amazon.com: Books

This book is something of a "bible" on the subject". The link to Amazon is mereley to draw your attention to the book. Hopefully a copy may be found at a better price but even if not it is still cheaper than any numbered PAB especially when it turns out to be a dreadful fake

In this hobby research is key and it is always best to show something here if not sure before you buy. If you are not sure and you don't have time to post it I would say it is better not to buy.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Not even Close to genuine. Totally wrong.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thank you for the quick answers! I didnt have high hopes with this one.

awful.

Hi Maarv,I agree with the other posters, this is anawful fake. You could write a thesis on what is wrong with it, the acorns, the oak leaf's the pitting on the back, the lack of detail everywhere,the list goes on and on. I hope you have not purchased it.

Best Wishes

Robin