Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen 25

Article about: Hullo. I came across this site via a google search. I am not a collector, but during a house clear-out in preparation for some building work I came a across a Panzerkampfabzeichen (I learnt

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen 25

Hullo.
    I came across this site via a google search. I am not a collector, but during a house clear-out in preparation for some building work I came a across a Panzerkampfabzeichen (I learnt the name from this site lol), amongst other items, in a box which I believe belonged to my grand-dad.

I see from this site that there is a lot of fakes around. Of course I would like to know if it is an original and what it is worth?

Hats
    London, UK
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen 25   Panzerkampfabzeichen 25  

Panzerkampfabzeichen 25   Panzerkampfabzeichen 25  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen 25
    P
    Many

Although I am not an expert in the numbered examples, I do like what I see here.
    The hinge plate is fitted into the mounting guide lines, the number box and numbers appear to be correct for this maker, the tool mark on the pin appears to be correct.
    Can you post some close up photos of the catch like the ones in this thread?
    Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50", GB, Gustav Brehmer
    Also, wait for other opinions.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Hats,

Thanks for the better photos. The prior set were missing some key angles.

I'm better versed with JFS made examples but from what I can see, it looks good.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you all. Initial comments most encouraging.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen 25   Panzerkampfabzeichen 25  

Please re-take this photo without the pin in the way.
    I would like to see the catch.
    Ralph.

Panzerkampfabzeichen 25
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hullo Ralph,
    Some more pics for you.
    Many thanks for your time on this.

Hats

Panzerkampfabzeichen 25  

MAP
    ?

It looks OK to me. Flat wire and "C" shaped round wire were used. I'll defer to Ralph if he see's something I'm missing though.

In looking close at the "cups" of the acorns. It looks like the "dot" pattern vs a 'cross hatch" pattern. Thus making it the "earlier" version (7.3.1) from DeBocks reference book. Although "early" is a bit of a misnomer here as all numbered GB's were supposedly the last manufacturer to make them ....thus they were all later war.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    It looks OK to me. Flat wire and "C" shaped round wire were used. I'll defer to Ralph if he see's something I'm missing though.
    I am looking for what Ned referenced in post #14 of the thread on my example.
    I like what I see so far.
    Ralph.

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I am looking for what Ned referenced in post #14 of the thread on my example.
    I like what I see so far.
    Ralph.
    Thanks! Yes and agree about the tool marks on these.

Dear MAP and Ralph,
    Thank you for your time in helping me out with this question. Most appreciated and I am very grateful. It makes sense that the badge is genuine considering that it was in granddad's possessions. If you are interested I will explain how he came across it.
    Happy New Year
    Hats.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast