Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen

Article about: Hi, I need your help again about something. I bought this medal a long time ago and i'm beginning to think now that i know more about this stuff, that it is a fake. Can you guys help me out

Question Panzerkampfabzeichen

Hi,

I need your help again about something.
    I bought this medal a long time ago and i'm beginning to think now that i know more about this stuff, that it is a fake.
    Can you guys help me out on this one?

Thanks

Steven

PanzerkampfabzeichenPanzerkampfabzeichenPanzerkampfabzeichen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen

Hello Steven I m pretty new to the forum and by no means an authority on these badges (or anything else for that matter lol) but by the looks of the maker mark (cloverleaf) a quick search leads me to believe it s attributed to the Gebruder Schneider firm? Whether or not that co made these particular badges I don't know? Wether or not it is real i don t know? The devil lives in the details! I m %100 positive someone will come along with a complete answer to your question. I m hoping to pick up a real Panzer badge one day myself so I m interested to see what is said! Best of luck!! Regards.

Brian

Hi Bsiwula1,
    First of all, thank you for your awnser. I'm also new to the forum but already a long time collector.
    I have alot of books where i can search for if things arereal or not, but this is a riddle for me.
    I also knew the cloverleaf, but i don't know if it's fake

cheers

?

Hi Steven,

I'm not sure BSW made these badges and the catch looks like that found on post war badges.

Hopefully some of the badge guys can confirm.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

It's an old fake that's been around for years and is still being reproduced under various guises today. It's probably the most encountered fake out there as such and can be found in both solid and hollow variants. The badge itself is based on the unknown maker 'oval crimp' type and has been passed off as Wurster, S&L, F&R, Deumer and now apparently BSW who didn't produce Panzerkampf Abzeichen's as already stated.

The main giveaways on this fake are the strange eagles head that doesn't resemble a known pattern type, the high, pointed cupola and the fat 'bar bell' tracks. The rear hardware on this one is just one example of the many different types that have been utilised over the years.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ok, not the awnser i was hoping for but thanks for the reply, Big Ned!

?

Very interesting Ned I didn't know that info either...So thanks for the heads up...& Steven thanks for posting the pictures..Sorry to hear is a fake....Cheers Terry.

Quote by Steven Van Eyck View Post
    Ok, not the awnser i was hoping for but thanks for the reply, Big Ned!
    Never mind Steve, it'll make a good fishing weight!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

A very expensive fishing weight

you will just have to put it away in the fake box !!