Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Panzerkampfabzeichen "50"

Article about: by Pryo So because the enamel? I don´t like the style of the number 5,but i am not a collector of the numbered Panzerkampfabzeichen and i think it is better to say nothing more if it is good

Quote by Pryo View Post
    So because the enamel?
    I don´t like the style of the number 5,but i am not a collector of the numbered Panzerkampfabzeichen and i think it is better to say nothing more if it is good or bad.I think Ned said all to the problematic of this Brehmer badges.The pics are to small to say good or bad,but the risk is very high to buy a copy of this Brehmer badges.The numbered Juncker,or JFS badges are better to say good or bad.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen "50"
    P
    Many

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    I don´t like the style of the number 5,but i am not a collector of the numbered Panzerkampfabzeichen and i think it is better to say nothing more if it is good or bad.I think Ned said all to the problematic of this Brehmer badges.The pics are to small to say good or bad,but the risk is very high to buy a copy of this Brehmer badges.The numbered Juncker,or JFS badges are better to say good or bad.
    Truer words were never spoken! As said before, the Brehmer badges are notoriously difficult to judge good or bad even in hand. But I believe that good, clear, and very close ( I can't emphasise that enough!) photo's of the catch from several angles that clearly show the toolmarks where it was clipped off with pincers on the lower base of the "C" hook, and a unique pattern of indents on the top curve of the "C" hook left by the tool used to bend the hook into shape. These are the true, unmistakable marks of an original badge.

Secondly, a scrape/toolmark that is unique to originals of this badge is found on the pin bend where it joins the hinge, another sign of a good badge, and we need to see that as well. Hopefully with that criteria covered correctly, along with the accurate weight and measurements, plus other photo's already asked for of the acorn cups etc., then a good, positive answer may be given imo. Short of that it means getting on a 'plane to Arizona, and that ain't happening anytime soon.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I can only look in the book of Philippe de Bock,or in data bases to give a opinion.I could to that time never handled a sure original in my Hands to study this Brehmer badges.They are not often to find on the marked like the "JFS" badges.Hope we can see more and closer photos of the badge.....

?

I have asked for close up sharper pictures of the front, and multiple pictures of the back. The seller has not responded yet, but I can't say why.

Quote by Pryo View Post
    I have asked for close up sharper pictures of the front, and multiple pictures of the back. The seller has not responded yet, but I can't say why.
    When you get no response and better pics you know the answer....

?

Well its no answer yet, as I emailed him rather late. But fake or not, I wait new pictures!

Giel VW
    ?

My first post here on the forum, so I thought why not pick out a numbered panzer assault badge

I also have a good feeling about this badge but i agree with big ned here that better pictures are needed. In general the wear and the details on your piece look very good. From here it also doesn't appear to have the flaws I would expect on the usual GB fakes.

Welcome Giel! It's great to see you here, it's a great forum that's getting better everyday when guy's with your knowledge contribute.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

He still has not answered yet, which makes me wonder. Not that it was a fake, but something else happened. We emailed for a while but he didn't respond to the message before the one where I asked him for more pictures, so I hope he didn't already sell it. I personally like it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2