Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PanzerKampfabzeichen 50

Article about: I came across this PAB for sale on line and saw something that looked off. I can not match this pin to know originals. Wondering if it possibly is a replacement pin or if something else is w

Default PanzerKampfabzeichen 50

I came across this PAB for sale on line and saw something that looked off. I can not match this pin to know originals. Wondering if it possibly is a replacement pin or if something else is wrong.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PanzerKampfabzeichen 50  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement PanzerKampfabzeichen 50
    P
    Many

Looks like a fake unmarked JFS to me. If it is a repro its a fairly decent one by just looking at the back.

MAP
    ?

Big thumbs down for me.

JFS (and RK) had a very unique catch set up. This is trying to mimic it and I don't think it is a repair. Also look at the shape of the head vs. mine.

But agree, not a half bad fake.

Look closely at the photos of mine in the link below.

Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe 50 JFS
    Last edited by MAP; 06-07-2019 at 02:47 PM. Reason: typo
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Map thank you for the reply and the pics of what is a correct PAB. I am by far no expert, posting a pic of the front. Harder for me to judge on what is right or wrong on the front. The eagles head seems off and the number 50 also seems to not be square. Vendor is honest though and will remove badge if a fake. Could though be a $3,500 mistake, ouch!

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PanzerKampfabzeichen 50  

MAP
    ?

We need someone with expertise like Big Ned and much better photos (these are no where near the resolution needed to really confirm anything).

That said, the number box is definitely wrong (compare again to mine).

Things are adding up here. A fake for me. But well done.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I have a trick I use for these JFS numbered PABs. Every original example that I personally have ever seen has a sort of rough, pebbled like surface on the reverse of the badge. I have yet to see a repro replicate this. I don't know if this is good advice but so far it has worked for me. I hope you don't mind MAP but I included a cropped picture of your beautiful example along with mine and another original example that shows the surface I'm describing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PanzerKampfabzeichen 50   PanzerKampfabzeichen 50  

Attached Images Attached Images PanzerKampfabzeichen 50 

MAP
    ?

Quote by John4022 View Post
    I have a trick I use for these JFS numbered PABs. Every original example that I personally have ever seen has a sort of rough, pebbled like surface on the reverse of the badge. I have yet to see a repro replicate this. I don't know if this is good advice but so far it has worked for me. I hope you don't mind MAP but I included a cropped picture of your beautiful example along with mine and another original example that shows the surface I'm describing.
    Flattery will get you everywhere John

And yes. This is a defining point of an original.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Flattery will get you everywhere John
    Well it is beautiful! Ive never seen a 50, only 25s. And the 25 that I have is missing all the reverse hardware...

MAP
    ?

Quote by John4022 View Post
    Well it is beautiful! Ive never seen a 50, only 25s. And the 25 that I have is missing all the reverse hardware...
    My PAB 25 is even nicer than my PAB 50

Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "25" JFS

Map, very nice PAB 25, I am a little envious.

It is great that your badge has all the fingerprints that one looks for to confirm that it is a original textbook medal. I don't know how anyone would drop this kind of money for this badge in question, without much research. I am beginning to think that buying a nice war time Luger is a safer road to go down IMO. They can not be faked only turned into matching number, in mint condition ones. Not many comments on this 50 PAB, could be radioactive.

John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast