Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen

Article about: Just got this one in. Seems to be ok to me. Any thoughts? Thanks! E

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen

Just got this one in. Seems to be ok to me. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

E

PanzerkampfabzeichenPanzerkampfabzeichenPanzerkampfabzeichenPanzerkampfabzeichen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen
    P
    Many

An original "Plain Grass" type 5.4.1 PAB by Rudolf Richter of Schlag bei Gablonz. This typical design type 5 badge is the early type they used, later on they changed the bland grass area to a more detailed pattern closer to that used by companies such as R.K. and AS in Triangle on their PAB's for instance. There were also other changes made like beefing up the eagles feet by adding talons where there were non before.

The rear set up was marred by a very poor crimping method for attaching the hardware, the catch crimp never worked and a soldered on rectangular baseplate catch was utilised. These badges can be found sometimes in great condition if they were copper coated first, but some were not and consequently it's typical they retain little or no finish as the badge above shows.

These are fairly uncommon badges, indicating limited production, but that may not be surprising as Richter were not known for producing combat awards at all as they are more associated with EK II's and Luftschutz medals. A nice, honest addition to any collection.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks a lot for your elaborated answer! Will save it in my files )

Hello Evgeni,
    Congrats!
    You can compare to my example posted here which still retains the crimped hinge.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, RRS, Rudolf Richter Schlag
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks, yours still has some nice finish on it.

Quote by Evgeni M View Post
    Thanks, yours still has some nice finish on it.
    Thank you!
    Yes, they don't show up this way too often.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

needs some TLC,good badge.