Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

panzerkampfabzeichen in bronce

Article about: Hello Guys i have seen thise panzerkampfabzeichen but not sure if its Original dont have a pic from the back ! Any help will be apriciate thanks a lot greetings andreas

Default panzerkampfabzeichen in bronce

Hello Guys
    i have seen thise panzerkampfabzeichen but not sure if its Original
    dont have a pic from the back !
    Any help will be apriciate
    thanks a lot

greetings andreas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement panzerkampfabzeichen in bronce
    P
    Many

Hello Andreas. My concerns are the eagles head shape, legs and feet. Also the excess material (unfinished detail) around the gun barrel is not something I ve seen before either on period badges. IMO no go dood. Best regards.

Brian

I do believe it s trying to be a Wurster

Wurster PAB

Any chance thise badge could be made by wurster ???

panzerkampfabzeichen in broncepanzerkampfabzeichen in bronce

Hey Andreas IMO no. That gun barrel is just a detail I can't see them allowing them to pass QC. Compare to good old Ned's example. Ralph and MAP will run across this thread I ll defer to their opinions but for me especially w/o reverse pics it's no good. Kindest regards.

Brian
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 10-20-2017 at 04:37 PM.

Primary points of concern

Also in addition to the poor background detail of the roller wheels (yours below Ned's above), I also noticed the barbell shaped tank track on the right hand side towards the top, that are usually seen on fake PAB. However it's more typical of the foreground tracks on most fake examples with that characteristic but I'd still consider this to be a bad sign.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture panzerkampfabzeichen in bronce   panzerkampfabzeichen in bronce  

panzerkampfabzeichen in bronce   panzerkampfabzeichen in bronce  

Last edited by bsiwula1; 10-20-2017 at 07:32 PM.

MAP
    ?

Thanks for all the work Brian

I can look in detail late tonight after I get back. I will say that you can never really give an opinion with out seeing both sides. Why won't the seller give you more?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

I had a few minutes before going out. Not enough time for a deep analysis.

Again, not having photos of the rear, not knowing if it is hollow or massive makes it difficult for me.

From what I can see I am guessing it is a zinc massive (not hollow).

To me this may be (not committing) a Die #3 (there were 3 dies) Wurster. The key to each die is the veins on the Oak Leaf right under the right tread.

It has the Chaotic grass pattern (different from Ned's which is the Organized grass pattern). I can not tell if the area behind the talons is stippled or not from this photo.

So my "guess" for now is that it is closest to a 1.2.4 Wurster, (Die #3 with Chaotic grass pattern).

A caveat. There is a blade of grass on the top peak of the Rock that is in not other examples I have seen.

In the end. I would never buy without more photos.

As far as the gun barrel? I don't know if that is an optical illusion, zinc pest, angle or what.....

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Michael thanks. The grass pattern did stick out to me but was admittedly a after thought. I looked at it closely as far as stippling between the legs and I don't see any clear evidence of that vs. Ned's imo. Best regards.

Brian

MAP
    ?

Ned's is a different type so we need to be careful comparing the two. There are many similarities but also some legit difference. The reverse will help a lot

panzerkampfabzeichen in broncepanzerkampfabzeichen in bronce
    I'm wondering if it's not this Staegemeir badge as discussed previously? I wish the pictures were better though. Edit:the bottom picture is of better quality of the Staegemier fake example courtesy Ned

Assistance with Panzerkampfabzeichen
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 10-21-2017 at 02:53 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast