Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

panzerkampfabzeichen bronze

Article about: Hello, I have found this panzerkampfabzeichen to sell, I have a starnge feeling about it, the global shape doesn't look bad but I don't like the design of the turret and the cannon. What do

Default panzerkampfabzeichen bronze

Hello,

I have found this panzerkampfabzeichen to sell, I have a starnge feeling about it, the global shape doesn't look bad but I don't like the design of the turret and the cannon. What do you think about it? Is it a correct one or a copy?

Thank you by advance,
    regards,
    Pierre
    panzerkampfabzeichen bronzepanzerkampfabzeichen bronze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement panzerkampfabzeichen bronze
    P
    Many

Hi Pierre,

It's a very rare and highly desirable hollow bronze PAB by Hymmen & Co. of Ludenscheid. Made from buntmetall/tombak, the badge is a close relative design wise as other type II makers Schauerte & Hohfeld, FCL and Deumer. I would jump on this badge if I had the chance even though I own one the same (see below), they are just so quirky and tactile as well as being so uncommon. Get it if you can and before anyone else does would be my advice!

Here's a link to my badge that explains a bit more about it.

Hymmen & Co., Hollow Tombak PAB in Bronze.

panzerkampfabzeichen bronzepanzerkampfabzeichen bronzepanzerkampfabzeichen bronze

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned,

Thanks a lot for your fast and lightening comments, I didn't expect it to be a rarity, I'll try to get it! I'll keep you informed.

Best regards,
    Pierre

Hymmen PKA's are one of the nicest designs IMO. Stewy

Do they all have that line that looks like a hair stuck in the bronze wash, that starts about 10 o'clock on the left side and slants downward and to the right across the side of the tank turret?

I guess they do, you mention it in the thread you linked to Ned. Interesting defect. If I were a producer of these back in the day, I'm just OCD enough that would have driven me crazy.

Hi all,

Sadly I didn't get it, I've tried to negotiate it hard but I was not the first in queue and finally a reseller bought the lot containing this PAK and some other badges...

Hopefully next time...
    At least now if I see an other like that in my life I would be able to recognize it and would jump on it.
    Thank you as always for opinion and advices.

Regards,
    Pierre

Quote by vitezef View Post
    Hi all,

Sadly I didn't get it, I've tried to negotiate it hard but I was not the first in queue and finally a reseller bought the lot containing this PAK and some other badges...

Hopefully next time...
    At least now if I see an other like that in my life I would be able to recognize it and would jump on it.
    Thank you as always for opinion and advices.

Regards,
    Pierre
    That's too bad. These days it's a $500+ badge and the uber rare silver is nearer $700 in good condition, so they are getting into the premier league as far as grade I PAB's go.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.