Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze by C.E.Juncker, Berlin.

Article about: Hi Guys, Thought i'd put up this Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by Juncker. The badge is hollow zinc, and this was the first type of bronze award of this class that was made by them. The har

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze by C.E.Juncker, Berlin.

Hi Guys,

Thought i'd put up this Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by Juncker. The badge is hollow zinc, and this was the first type of bronze award of this class that was made by them. The hardware was changed slightly, with a circular baseplate on the catch, and the small trimmed base of the non magnetic wraparound hinge which both made a secure soldering point. This style of fixing was maintained by Juncker until the end of the war and can also be seen on their Infanteriesturmabzeichen and Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen badges.

This particular badge is of later production, earlier ones had a base coat of copper to help the adherence of the finish, wheras later ones did not, and consequently tended to lose their finish through wear and 'absorption' by the zinc. Therefore I was lucky to get this one that still retains nearly all it's bronze finish, although it's that dark it appears almost black.

The pictures show the classic Junker 'C' catch on it's new baseplate, and a detail of the wraparound hinge and it's trimmed base.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze by C.E.Juncker, Berlin.   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze by C.E.Juncker, Berlin.  

Attached Images Attached Images Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze by C.E.Juncker, Berlin.  Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze by C.E.Juncker, Berlin.  Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze by C.E.Juncker, Berlin. 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze by C.E.Juncker, Berlin.
    P
    Many

Hello Ned, You have a very lovely badge! I felt compelled to respond for I saw no other replies.
    Take care H.C.

A nice addition Ned!
    I currently don't have any Juncker awards in my collection, yet. But, I am always keeping my eyes open for a reasonable opportunity to acquire one.
    My preference is deffinately for silver PAB's but I do have a couple of bronze ones.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

nice one Ned thanks for the info.

Very nice piece Ned

?

Good to see Ned.

Thanks for the kind words chaps!

Juncker tank assault badges are THE iconic design, being the first, so it's great to have been able to pick this one up for the price of a run of the mill zinc type with little or no finish left. The cupal one is going to be difficult to find though, and that won't be cheap, but one lives in hope as they say...

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Nice badge Ned. Thanks for sharing.