Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWE

Article about: Scored the following badge -please see the images down below- Hoping to receive feedback about a few points / observations (but I'm not an experienced collector): * Is this badge an original

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWE

Scored the following badge -please see the images down below-

Hoping to receive feedback about a few points / observations (but I'm not an experienced collector):

* Is this badge an original bronze EWE Panzerkampfabzeichen badge manufactured during WW2 ? [read elsewhere that a firm called Hero maded postwar copies]

* At the back/reverse: there is no tension between the pin -ABOVE- , the needle/Nadelhaken and the pin - BELOW -

* the upper end of the needle (the top part above is curly) hits the surface of the reverse of the badge NOT even though spores are located badge that the curly part of the needle has hit
    the badge in the past. Aging traject needle? Common/usual a needle without tension?

* What about the finishing bronze layer, the age of this badge?

* Few signs at the wings above and eagle 'face', traces / irregularities of the production traject at the manufacturer during WW2?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWE   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWE  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWE   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWE  

Last edited by rbminis; 08-09-2017 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Edited title.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWE
    P
    Many

Default Additional images badge

additional images including lots of details
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWE   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWE  

Default Additional image badge -- red arrow area important to check --

The upper end of the needle (above) doesn't reach the surface of the badge while traces of damages are visible there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWE  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWEPanzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWEPanzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWEPanzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWEPanzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWE

Humm.. this is a tough call but for me the detail seems lacking if you compare your example to Ralph's. Areas of concern for me are the eagles head and feet, gun turret (next to barrel), and the upper rear hinge plate below the embossment for it's placement. I could be wrong but imo no good. Of course Ralph has one of these in his collection his is shown for comparison to yours, so obviously I d wait for his opinion..Best regards.

Brian

Link to discussion of these badges.

PAB in Silver EWE

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWEPanzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWEPanzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWEPanzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWE

Comparison photos. Very soft detail on eagle, eye and beak of concern. The lack of the minor bubbling in the finish. Again JMO.

Brian

My compliments to you however. Thank you for taking the time to evaluate the badge for yourself. And not doing the fake or real as many folks tend to do. Not that it's an attack on new collectors or at least collectors new to here. But may people seek a quick answer and not the knowledge to make the determination in the future by themselves. I hope I'm wrong in this instance with my evaluation though, because of your eagerness to seek the truth . Best regards.

Brian

Hi Brian, great and appreciated work! A lot of thanks and let's see -in regarding to some notes from you- how other collectors and owners of EWE Panzerkampfabzeichen badges will review
    the item. Very curious!

Straight out from the book:

"The production of these badges must have been more time consuming than it was for other design type V (Austrian Design) makers.This can indicate that the company had very little or no experience in badge production and at the same time explain why EWE PABs are rare.The fact that they only exist as one variant indicates that production must have been very limited."

Post from member Kradmelder quoting from De Bock PAB book.

If they did indeed only make one variant, compared to Ralph's example my suspicion is heightened. Also Ned notes the depth of the "scoop" is more shallow on reproduction badges. If you look at the wear pattern on the reverse bottom edge of each badges i think Ralph's example has more of a wear pattern width than your example, which would imply more of a deeper scoop than a flatter back IMO. Just more thoughts.

Brian

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWEPanzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWEPanzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWE

One last comparison from me. Look at the portion of remaining finish underneath the pin on each of Ralph's badge and a ground dug example, compared to yours. To me this is a visual indicators of the depth of the scoop as it were.

Brian

Starting collection seems to be like walking through a minefield ... what a lot of elements to compare and to learn and study. very interesting. makes collecting more exciting ... but difficult ...
    @ Brian ... let see what others will post or add about the discussed badge and comparisons.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast