Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, Karl Wurster

Article about: by Wagriff Most so-called hollow back Gold Wound badges you see are simply black badges with their paint removed and the underlying brass polished. An old fakers con. That's a great conditio

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, Karl Wurster

This lovely badge arrived the other day to add to my collection!
    There is a little wear on the track, but the rest is in good finish.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, Karl Wurster   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, Karl Wurster  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, Karl Wurster   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, Karl Wurster  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, Karl Wurster   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, Karl Wurster  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, Karl Wurster  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, Karl Wurster
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, Karl Wurster

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, Karl WursterRalph an excellent looking badge,Im after a General Assault badge & 1 of these ..I attached a photo of my Infantry Assualt badge!! hope you dont mind? It was after you said dont buy fake if you can help it!!! So the fake one is in the draw & this one is out on display, So thanks for the advice Terry.

- - Updated - -

Also just 1 question I forgot to ask?Do the Panzer badge came with solid backs aswell? If they do what is the difference? Thanks Terry.

Thanks Terry, and congratulations on aquiring your "real" Infanterie Sturmabzeichen!
    I am glad to see that you have decided not to waste your money on fakes.
    Both Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and Panzerkampf Abzeichen come in hollow back and solid back. I believe the major difference would be the time period and metal situation during the war as well as the maker. Here is an example I posted of a solid back.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...bronze-160908/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks Ralph for the info, I like the solid backed ones more!!!! Both badges are very nice looking I will need to save a few pennies first as I have just bought MG34 "de-act" so Im skint for now!!! lol.. Whilst im here Ralph what about Gold Wound Badges hollow & solid?? is it the same so of deal? depending on when they were produced!!! I will leave you alone after this question!!! lol & cheers Terry.

Hi Terry. All WWII gold-grade wound badges are solid. There is a rumour
    that the early ones were hollow, but this may have meant the
    Spanish Civil War type.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks Walkwolf for the info..Its I have seen in the past 1 for sale.. I didnt like the look of it so I pasted it by but that was hollow!! good job I did. Cheers Terry.

There are also hollow 'black-grade' badges made of tombac/brass
    that have no finish. They look like gold ones - but never buy
    one of these advertised as a gold.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Roger that!! I have seen those aswell, I know what they look like!! look nice but they aint "gold".. I have silver & black just the gold next amongst other items!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheers Terry

?

Very nice PKa you got Ralph!
    Terry i love your Infanterie Sturmabzeichen also feels like i see a lost child of mine, hahahaha

Most so-called hollow back Gold Wound badges you see are simply black badges with their paint removed and the underlying brass polished. An old fakers con.

That's a great condition badge, by the way, there, Ralph! Nice!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast